Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:18 AM   #1

Default fz35 camera not recognized by laptop..!

HELLO FRIENDS..!!
recently , i am having a problem while i try to download images from my fz35 to laptop through USB that "driver doesnt installed successfully " and then it fails to recognize the camera..any suggestion and help.. please..!..?
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:33 AM   #2

Does the usb port work ok with other stuff? if not maybe disable the port and enable again or try a windows update or even see if there's an update to the controller itself.
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Administrator

Try going into your setup menus and make sure the "USB Mode" choice is set to "Mass Storage" (versus PTP or Pictbridge).

You'll see the USB Mode choice on page 5 of your FZ-35's setup menus. That way (USB set to Mass Storage), you shouldn't need to have any special drivers installed for it to work with most modern operating systems, since they'll see it as a removable disk drive.

If it's set to pictbridge/ptp (as many camera manufacturers are doing now), then you may need to have a manufacturer's drivers installed for it to work (and drivers are going to be specific to an operating system type/version, too -- meaning more compatibility problems if you're not setup as USB Mass Storage). At least Panasonic still lets you set it as desired. Some manufacturers (for example, Canon) are not giving you any other option except for PTP with many new cameras The USB Mode option for your FZ35 is the second choice on this screeen (page 5 in your camera's setup menus). If it's setup as USB Mass Storage, it should show up as a disk drive under "My Computer" with most operating systems.
Attached Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:56 AM   #4

I recently had an issue with my laptop divorcing itself from my T3. The problem ended up being the USB cable. When I tried a different cable, it worked just fine.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2011, 4:59 AM   #5

thanks for the reply friends..have tried all the things..but in vain.. thanks for the support..!
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:21 AM   #6

I know not exactly what you asked, but can you read card thru a card reader? That would prove if the USB interface is working on your laptop
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:20 AM   #7

Check it up on another computer if it was recognised there; may be fix or change your laptop
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote