Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 4, 2011, 7:09 AM   #1

Default Will this teleconverter work on Fz35

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-Conv.../dp/B0002HNR6A

From the specs it looks like it's just the same one that was discontinued here in the US (I can't find a used one here in the US)

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/...on-17x_cla-12/

The other option I'm looking at is the Cannon tl 55 but if this would work on the fz35 it would save me $30+ bucks because amazon has it for $130 and plus I'd have to get the adapter too, granted I'd probably have to get the adapter anyway with this one... but like I said it would save me $30 bucks depending on how much shipping would be lol

Okay never mind did the conversion it's actually $188 when you convert to US dollars. Guess I'm gonna go with the Cannon then since I can't the Olympus 17 find one here in the US. I know New world direct has them but I've heard so many bad things about them that I'm leery of ordering it from them since everyplace else I've looked has been sold out.

Last edited by beli; Sep 4, 2011 at 7:15 AM.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2011, 4:02 PM   #2

I'll let some of the FZ35 owners answer the main question, but WHATEVER teleconverter lens you buy, YOU WILL NEED THE ADAPTER!!

Do not try fitting it directly to the lens, it WILL burn out the motor in the camera body.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 5:37 PM   #3

G'day Beli

Yes mate - that TC will go well on the -35 and as Sq-1 says "you MUST also have the adapter

Panny have done some silly things with the FZ28, 35 etc series, in that the camera body thread is "55,8mm" whereas filters & attachments are 55mm - ie you MUST have their adapter to make it work. I can see their logic tho - they don't want us lot to screw a 55mm filter onto the body then power up the camera, have the lens extend - hit the filter & burn out the lens drive motor. Equally, to hang a heavy TC lens onto the moving lens barrel will also burn out the lens drive motor

I just wish their wide-angle adapter was shorter - when it is on the camera sets the lens to 3x zoom, thus defeating the wide-angle TC lens that in itself is 0,7x mags. I am playing with a different panny adapter from an older FZ camera, where the adapter is 10mm long & allows the 0,7x TC to work with the FZ35 at 1x zoom, thus achieving an effective lens of 18mm [full-frame equiv]

Regards, Phil

Last edited by Ozzie_Traveller; Sep 4, 2011 at 5:39 PM.
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 7:06 PM   #4

Yeah I figured I needed an adapter based on posts I seen here regarding the Cannon but since the Telcon 17x just came out I figured I'd needed an adapter for that as well and since it's more expensive than the Cannon I'll just get the cannon
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:01 PM   #5

Canon make some really good lenses, so maybe you made the wisest choice.

Hope to see some example soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beli View Post
...... I'll just get the cannon