Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:24 PM   #1

Default Morning walk along the lake

I walked 7-10 miles of the lake today. Man I need a car, I'm sore and exhausted. Well the top of my right foot hurts, but the rest of me is sore. Might have twisted my right foot.. we'll see how it is tomorrow. (Not like I can go to the doctor for it anyway, no insurance so I'll be doing an Epsom bath soak here in a few)

Started out here at this park

P1040650

Statue in the park

P1040660

Guy sleepin in the park before work (I assume anyway based on the way he was dressed)

P1040684

Regular birds feeding at the bird feeder

P1040674r
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:28 PM   #2

Finally found this spot.. after months and months of looking at others photos of this spot I can't believe where it was (Right in the parking lot of Custard stand along the lake front. Most people take pictures of sunrises along this spot but I can't get there before then (at least not by bus)

I believe this use to be a old pier

P1040690

Kids walking the rocks

P1040701

resting waiting for fish: I can't believe I walked this.. I'm deathly afraid of deep water I walked most of it almost all the way out to the end of the breakwater. I stayed within the blue railing and other thing. I didn't venture outside it where people go sit to fish.

P1040710

More can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3199233...57627594841494
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:17 PM   #3

Hi Beli, hope you are better tomorrow. I like the two water shots the best. Can you tell me what lighthouse that is?

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:56 PM   #4

It's called Northpoint Light House Its in a park what useto be known in Milwaukee as an indian burial ground

http://www.northpointlighthouse.org/

more on the Lake Park. I'm hoping to get back there in a couple weeks once the leaves start changing

http://www.lakeparkfriends.org/history.shtml

and some sunrise pics of the first lake photo (Not by me but by others)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/

I have some more from this morning I wasn't going to go out but it was windy and thought I'd get some good wave shots.. lol I haven't uploaded them yet tho.

I did notice that when I fully zoom (even if far out from a subject) my camera gets all white spots in the picture even tho it looks totally fine when taking it, however viewing it on the computer is another story...Only thing I had differently was sharpness +1

Last edited by beli; Sep 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:23 PM   #5

Thanks for the information Beli, I enjoy taking shots of lighthouses, Hatteras is my favorite.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:59 PM   #6

Wow what a hike!! That's a lovely series of shots Beli - love the shot of the old pier. You have done a great job of the exposure, the colour and I like the composition. Hope your feet are feeling better now
Old Sep 6, 2011, 7:31 PM   #7

I enjoyed your series of pics from your long hike. These are worth the sore feet. Love the house with the lighthouse and the pier.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:09 AM   #8

Thanks guys.. was hard to get a good shot of the light house because of where the sun was in the sky when I got there. I'm off to go back down this morning for some sunrise shots. I can't stay too long because I have to go to work. Maybe one of these mornings I'll ask for a couple hours off and head down to where the old pier was, but right now can't afford it since I have to make up time since I'm still a temp. I may take a cab down there Sunday morning early suppose to be sunny, and Saturday there's Isolated showers possible so might get a good sunrise on Sunday.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:44 PM   #9

Nice series Beli

I like #6 for the backlit effect on the water
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:12 PM   #10
csa

The old pier is my favorite! What an great photo; with the sailboat on the far horizon, and the rocks, etc. in the foreground, it really shows great depth! Not to mention, the colors are beautiful!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote