Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:24 PM   #11
csa

Escoz; any update?

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:22 AM   #12

I am a little late to post, but I have the same problem with my FZ 40, it happened after the new year party when some coke got spilled over the top of the camera where the power switch and shutter release are located, when it was still on; after that it worked just fine but the next day it didn't switch on, but after recharging the battery it came back to life and all the functions were online so I thought that the high power flashes in the night might have drained the batteries to zero charge level. But just after a day of shooting about 20 odd pictures the battery got drained again, this has never happened before and I have no idea about what to do!
nidhin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:04 PM   #13

this thread seems pretty dormant, well as far as my FZ40 goes once I left the battery in it (which now I usually remove and keep outside so that it wont drain) and to my surprise the battery didn't drain. this incident happened about 3months back that is about 3months after the incident first occurred.
After that I took the camera to the pool and got some great photos and videos, but once while pressing the video record button my hand was wet and through that switch water entered the camera and again it started to drain the battery, now about 2 months after the incident the camera is back to normal, so I have come to a conclusion, the upper panel where video record key, focus switch and power switch is located has to be protected from moisture at all costs. and even if water finds its way home then all we need to do is let it dry off which takes about 2months without any external aid.