Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackyardPermaculture View Post
beli, you say you're taking it in manual mode - then you are setting the exposure.

The camera's meter will recommend settings that give a "correct" exposure which may differ from a "desired" exposure - in which case just use a faster shutter speed to achieve your desired result. Your second shot looks great to me though
I'm not saying it's not.. just that the sky should have been darker lol. I've been down by the lake every morning this week and the day I shot that was the only day they had the fountain on in the early morning. So I consider myself lucky even if the sky should've been darker.

Last edited by beli; Sep 24, 2011 at 7:29 AM.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:40 AM   #12

Check my sunset shots here on this forum, and copy the settings if you like them

Secondly, as for your very post, can you please share the specs of the image?

In a relationship with a Panasonic Fz40
Hama Macro Filters (+1, +2, +4)

flickr
facebook
xHassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHassan View Post
Check my sunset shots here on this forum, and copy the settings if you like them

Secondly, as for your very post, can you please share the specs of the image?
If you click on the link on the bottom of the photo it takes you to my flckr page, then on the right click the Panasonic fz35 it will show you the specs for both pics, you'll have to click the pic individually though.

I haven't left yet (leaving in about 15 min been a slow start this morning)
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by beli View Post
This one was taken while it was still semi dark out, but dark enough. Not sure why my FZ35 is overexposing?

Here's what it should have sort of looked like even this one should've been a tad darker:

Here's what it ended up being.. I'm about ready to throw this camera out the window right now...

My flash is off... my AF assist lamp is off.. I'm not sure what else to try? Exposure is set for the Iso/Apature/Shutter etc, shot in manual mode etc.
awesome images , beli ..... .......
like the people saying above, you need to check the exposure meter when you shooting in manuals , also you need to decide whether you need spot metering / 1 area metering or multi-metering.
and there is always the provision to adjust exposure with shutter speed / ISO, beli. just dont get mad so soon, try sooting them once again.....

Last edited by flyhigh; Sep 25, 2011 at 9:28 AM.
flyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:29 PM   #15

I prefer the 2nd image beli, it might be a little bright but post processing can cure that easily. To give because of that image would be a shame........