Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:37 PM   #1

Default Sunrise photos from this week

Friday's using sunset mode and tweaked a bit in Photoshop. Not from my usual spot had to move because they had the balcony of the war memorial closed yet when I got there.

sunrise1

Wednesday(I think) lol don't remember what mode I used I'll have to go back into properties and check

sunrise4

I think Wed as well will have to go back and check.. I had the converter on I think. The sky was actually grey and should have clouds where the sun's rising. I liked it because of the birds in it even if it turned the sky totally red.

sunrise5

And not a sunrise pic but what we have on display at our war memorial. An actual beam from the world trade center. I'm going to try next week to get a closer shot, but every time I do it turns out burly.

911steelbeam2

One last sunrise pic showing the moon still

sunrise6

I didn't make it down there today for sunrise too cloudy/and rainy.. but I did make it out for some fall shots.. just in between the rain showers. Not too impressed with em (color wise) I may have to wait another week or two and go back.

Last edited by beli; Sep 24, 2011 at 7:47 PM.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:46 PM   #2

Great shots beli, #1 and #3 especially.
Craigj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:21 AM   #3

Thanks Craig... I think I like the sunset mode, but I really wish I could do it in manual, but if sunset mode actually means getting my pictures to turn out like they should then so be it lol. It's also duck hunting season so we had a lot of ducks at the lake Friday more than normal.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:32 PM   #4

Good series beli
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:09 PM   #5

Great set ! I like the colors in all of them
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:50 PM   #6

I agree with fiends, good job Beli!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:21 AM   #7

Thanks all.. it's been cloudy/raining storming here this week so no sunrise pics yet absolutely no sunrise to speak of cept for later in the day when storms/rain broke up and I was already at work. I'm hoping to get to my normal spot Thursday it looks like the first real day without rain in the morning. Friday I'm taking off and going down to where the old piers were and staying for the whole sunrise.. then going up a bit or to a new beach I found in someone's photo's that I can take the bus to. I doubt I'll make it to that one on Saturday for Sunrise tho... but we'll see. I also got a new camera bag that holds both my medium and smaller tripod. It's not heavy but I already have a bad back so I dunno if I may switch to a roller type one but everyone that I found online is over 100-200+ for a roller type camera bag. I might just get a regular roller type suitcase and do a makeshift one...we'll see.

Last edited by beli; Sep 27, 2011 at 6:25 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:28 AM   #8

G'day beli

Glad to see that you've given things another try :-)
By all means, use 'sunset' mode to get a start & use 'image-properties' to later determine the exposure settings that the camera actually used
You might also find that the 'sunset' mode also does things to WB & sharpness too

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote