Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 3, 2011, 3:05 PM   #1

Default Sunrises

I got to go out last thursday finally and take some sunrise pics (and this morning) Rest of set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3199233...7627686283951/

from my usual morning spot that I get to before work, taken thursday before more rain moved in.

lakefrontsunrise3

Reason I took off this morning.. not the greatest sunrise.. and I didn't have my longer tripod with me

northpoint9

Wish I could get birds to come in clear when they are in flight.. but guess that would mean getting a dlsr? I have a teleconverter but forgot to put it on.

northpoint10

Northpoint3

Northpoint7_edited-1

Wish there was a bit more color in the clouds/contrast but I usually can't get to the spot above during the week, barely even on weekends unless I take a cab down there on Sunday mornings.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2011, 3:45 PM   #2

Nice series Beli!! Love #1, 3 and 5
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalex54 View Post
Nice series Beli!! Love #1, 3 and 5
Thanks! Just wish there was a bit more contrast and I remembered to put the converter on. I cheated this morning and paid for a cab down there instead of taking the first bus down. (They are rerouting all the downtown buses after a certain stop and of course my transfer stop is that stop) I still have to figure out where I'm picking up my transfer bus in the morning for work. I'll just ask my normal bus driver see if she knows. Plus you have a choice of long stair case or winding road that has a side walk.To get down to where the old pier is. I find it easier walking up the winding road, but I have bad knees so it's still a bit of a walk for me. So I dunno if I'm gonna make it out there Saturday. (mom's going up north since she didn't go this past weekend, since she brought a new car instead since the other one she had was acting up and didn't feel safe in it) I may not get down there for the rest of the week suppose to be clear skies but I'll keep checking to see if we have partly cloudy skies in the morning when I wake up to justify taking the first bus out, for my normal spot. My normal spot is only about a 5 minute walk to my shuttle I have to catch for work so I can usually stay most of the sunrise (lately since how late it's rising) lol. I realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy need my license and hope to have it within the next year or so.

Last edited by beli; Oct 3, 2011 at 8:25 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:09 PM   #4

Good series beli

hard to choose, #2 #3 & #5 are in there
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square one View Post
Good series beli

hard to choose, #2 #3 & #5 are in there
Thanks, and of course this morning there was just enough clouds to make an interesting sunrise, and of course this morning I decide it wasn't going to be worth staying out for 45min or so because it didn't look like there was much clouds.. kept watching the sky on my way to work kicking myself cuz I didn't take my camera with me.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:22 PM   #6

beli, good series! I like the shots with the flying birds. Being at the right place at the right time seems to be 90% of good photography...!!! Have you tried 16:9 aspect ratio?

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:21 PM   #7
csa

I love #4; it's so beautiful; also #1!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2011, 6:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
beli, good series! I like the shots with the flying birds. Being at the right place at the right time seems to be 90% of good photography...!!! Have you tried 16:9 aspect ratio?
You are so right about that.. I missed several duck shot landings because I was taking photos of something else and just happen to see the ducks landing in the corner of my eye. I'm hoping today I get some duck landings.. at least that's why I'm leaving early... Friday is suppose to be partly cloudy so I will focus on sunrises then.. today duck landings!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:30 AM   #9

#1 and 4

Masterpieces mate

In a relationship with a Panasonic Fz40
Hama Macro Filters (+1, +2, +4)

flickr
facebook
xHassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:15 AM   #10

Thanks all.. I had trouble yesterday with the sunrise.. not sure why no matter where I pointed the camera it seemed to over compensate... not sure why.. look like we had low lying fog.. I'll post pics tonight when I get home after homework. I had to switch to IA mode even sunset pictures started coming out over compensated. I won't get to it tomorrow, mom's taking me to work. I'm hoping (if I'm not sick been feeling like I'm coming down with something the last day or so) on Saturday to make it back down to the old pier area. I'll also have to watch if it's clear or partly cloudy Saturday.