Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Still shooting it Saly and adjusting, I'll see how it goe after 30 days or so, but it looks like a great birding camera, which I love to do...
What would you say is the biggest improvement over the FZ100 (or other FZ, for that matter)?

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:34 AM   #22

@LTZ, thanks
I am actually happy for the quality, I just would like to improve the low light quality for "family" pics.

I use the built-in or a mounted flash and it's OK, but maybe I could avoid using the flash in some cases. The "custome scene" in the cam are not that good for that.
bimbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:20 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
What would you say is the biggest improvement over the FZ100 (or other FZ, for that matter)?
IQ is better, Controls are more matured?, 2 AF, 5.5 Af, 12 Shot Burst will capture any and everything especially macro subjects that move, The zoom lever on the lens barrel is a winner for shooting sports so you keep your finger on the shutter at all times while framing with the zoom lever...the low light is better, for still shots...the articulating LCD is great for macros...also the LCD is very clear...

Worse possible thing:
There is no Spot AF unless you reduce it manually and then the camera does not hold it in memory so if you switch to another mode it will lose the Spot AF and you have to manually reduce it's size again...that is the worse thing to me cause I really like Spot AF...

Would have been nice to have the SD Card on the side of the FZ150 like the FZ50 so when on Tripod you don't have to remove the camera and tripod mount to access SD Card

FZ150 is a great camera and Panasonic hit a home run with the upgrade...

Thanks Panasonic keep hitting...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:07 PM   #24

LTZ, would you also say IQ was better on FZ150 than FZ35/8 from what you've seen so far or is it a bit early to tell? Not that I'm thinking of changing mine until I've fully got the hang of all the settings, but Xmas is coming
AshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:43 PM   #25

Thank you for sharing LTZ " King of FZ series"
NileLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshL View Post
LTZ, would you also say IQ was better on FZ150 than FZ35/8 from what you've seen so far or is it a bit early to tell? Not that I'm thinking of changing mine until I've fully got the hang of all the settings, but Xmas is coming
Yes, the FZ150 tops the FZ35/38 in all, but size/weight...the FZ150 is a little larger and heavier, but still compact in size...

FZ150 is a great upgrade to FZ35/38...also the HD Video is really well done...I don't shoot video much, but with the quality of the FZ150 video I am finding myself shooting short clips of different events...
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:03 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileLily View Post
Thank you for sharing LTZ " King of FZ series"
Thanks NileLily, but more like king of nothing, but jack of FZ's...lol...thank you for the kind words, but there are some folks that amaze me with the FZ50 camera and the FZ35/38...some folks are truly gifted with a great eye and skills...I have to work at it continuously...
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:19 AM   #28

Hi LTZ. I wonder if the Fz150 has the sweep panaroma mode ? Please confirm.
CrazyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTechie View Post
Hi LTZ. I wonder if the Fz150 has the sweep panaroma mode ? Please confirm.
No it doesn't still the ole frame lines with the shadow picture to match as you sweep to shoot...that would be a welcome addition...Sony has the Sweep Panorama down to a science now!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:08 AM   #30
csa

An off topic question on the FZ150; if you don't mind; what does it have in the "Night Portrait"? I'm very excited with the "Illuminations" feature; and wondered if this is also on the FZ150?

Thanks for taking the time for an answer!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote