Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:38 PM   #1

Default ZS memory question

Hello!

My father has either a ZS 5, 6 or 7 but I think this question may pertain to either of the three models. (I hope)

He says he has pictures stored on the camera itself but not on the memory card. I suppose he took these pictures without the card in the camera? They are pictures of my mom with her elderly father that he would like to secure from the camera. I have asked him to be patient as to not mistakenly delete the pictures.

1. Is it possible that these pictures are in the camera memory itself, if that is a feature?

2. If so, how could he extract the pictures from the camera to the memory card?

I have looked through the manual online, but have not been able to find the answer to this predicament. Thank you very much for taking the time to help!
Scott3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:55 PM   #2

I admittedly know nothing about this particular camera...but can't you just take the memory card out of the camera and then plug the camera into the computer via USB cable and then us Windows Explorer to remove the photos? Almost all cameras have some internal memory (usually very very little)...if you plug it in, you should see the camera in "My Computer" and be able to access the folder structure.
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:18 PM   #3

Hello sumx4182! Thank you for your response. That is one detail I left out as to why I am inquiring about a way to transfer the pictures from the camera memory to the memory card because he does not have the cable for the camera with him. He will be back home (where the cable is) to try it that way in 4 or 5 months, but we don't want to risk losing the family pictures between now and then. The other choice would be to pick up another cable or have the other one mailed, I guess. Thanks again!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:18 PM   #4

Do they show up when reviewing images? If so, then they are safe for now. There should be an option to copy images in camera memory to the SD card. It's a little different on each camera so read the manual carefully. If you don't have a manual, you can download one from the Panasonic website.

I found this on a couple of websites:

"Go into the menu and find "copy". It will give you the option to copy the internal memory to a card."
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Dec 6, 2011 at 8:24 PM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:55 AM   #5

Can you please check if they show up in the play mode when you take the card out?

In a relationship with a Panasonic Fz40
Hama Macro Filters (+1, +2, +4)

flickr
facebook
xHassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:57 PM   #6

Yes, they show up without the card inserted.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:02 AM   #7

Then you have the pictures there. No ish there.

There's an option in my camera that lets you copy off the internal mem out to the card. I'll upload the menu pictures when I get home of where to get the options from

In a relationship with a Panasonic Fz40
Hama Macro Filters (+1, +2, +4)

flickr
facebook
xHassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:46 AM   #8

Thanks you!