Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:29 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Auckland. New Zealand
Posts: 598
Default Concentration.

This is my entry, of all those superb shots I would rate Saly's humming bird no 1, JJdogs fawn no2 and Gordymore's spider no 3.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 9:16 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 278
Default

As I said in an early post, this is not an easy task, ... finding a favorite. I've cheated a bit, and am offering three.

The bee and buckeye butterfly were used as images on 3X5 folded note cards we made as gifts (two of eight different designs). The monarch image is the cover for a calendar we made for gifts as well. The buckeye and monarch were also selected as shots for framed prints we have given to a couple of family members (5X7 prints, 8X10 frame, with black mat).

What does everybody else do with all their images? I feel badly just leaving them on my hard drive, and not sharing them in some way. I have assembled a 215 page book through Blurb, recalling "2011 In Photographs." I think I have about 450 images. Some were selected because of their good quality of photos (IMO, of course), while others were selected because of their interest or unique content. Yes, all three of these made it into the book (7X7 in format). I have the book assembled, but not yet printed. I'm waiting one more good image of my corn-eating deer, with her Winter coat.

Thanks.
Attached Images
   
roger53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:23 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
jjdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquzz View Post
I'm way too intimidated to post anything in this thread, all these photos are beyond great.
Marcus, I think about any of your shots would be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
This is my entry, of all those superb shots I would rate Saly's humming bird no 1, JJdogs fawn no2 and Gordymore's spider no 3.
Nice one Grounded, agree about Saly's hummer shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger53 View Post
As I said in an early post, this is not an easy task, ... finding a favorite. I've cheated a bit, and am offering three.

The bee and buckeye butterfly were used as images on 3X5 folded note cards we made as gifts (two of eight different designs). The monarch image is the cover for a calendar we made for gifts as well. The buckeye and monarch were also selected as shots for framed prints we have given to a couple of family members (5X7 prints, 8X10 frame, with black mat).

What does everybody else do with all their images? I feel badly just leaving them on my hard drive, and not sharing them in some way. I have assembled a 215 page book through Blurb, recalling "2011 In Photographs." I think I have about 450 images. Some were selected because of their good quality of photos (IMO, of course), while others were selected because of their interest or unique content. Yes, all three of these made it into the book (7X7 in format). I have the book assembled, but not yet printed. I'm waiting one more good image of my corn-eating deer, with her Winter coat.

Thanks.
Roger I remember awhile back you said that you felt like putting the FZ35 back in the box. Now you post beautiful shots like these. Looks like you have had a good year.

jj
__________________
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:48 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
jjdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Posts: 6,384
Default

One more.

__________________
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:48 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
maryintexas39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 397
Default

wow! amazing!!!
__________________

maryintexas39
**************
Panasonic DMC-LX5/Panasonic Lumix ZS9/Panasonic Lumix ZS15

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryintexas39/
maryintexas39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:38 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Marquzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Marcus, I think about any of your shots would be just fine.
Haha, thank you!

Ok, I think this one is pretty cool. Taken with my old FZ5



P1070250 by Marquzz, on Flickr
__________________
~ Marcus
Marquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:36 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
jjdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryintexas39 View Post
wow! amazing!!!
Thanks Mary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquzz View Post
Haha, thank you!

Ok, I think this one is pretty cool. Taken with my old FZ5
Beautiful shot Marcus, thanks for joining in.

jj
__________________
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:08 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Entry #4

__________________



Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:20 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
jjdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Posts: 6,384
Default

Saly that's a WOW!

jj
__________________
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:39 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
catalex54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Venice in Italy
Posts: 2,454
Default

Better and better Guys!!! Wooooow for alls
__________________
DMC-FZ150 & Hoya HD UV Filter + DMC-FZ45 & Hoya HMC UV(C) Filter - Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) - Benro A-197EX + HD-18 & Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Tripods & MMC3-02 + 234RC Monopod
Alex
catalex54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:01 PM.