Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:27 PM   #1

Default Which of thies accessories u think worth ??

1, http://www.ebay.in/itm/Opteka-Ultima...item3f1141a0a0

2, http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.d...d=200543703175

Do let me know bce i am confused

Regards
Thejas
Thejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:11 PM   #2

We sort of answered something similar a while ago, these bundles offer two lenses and filters for less than the price of a close up lens such as the LC55, or the Canon equivalent D500.

How do they do it? In most cases the these lenses are made of only one lens element, and as a result they suffer with color aberrations and are softer than a two element lens.

You don't say what area you want to expand in to, close-up or extra wide capture.

If you want to take close up photo's then either the Panasonic LC55 or the Canon D500 will give you far better results. You would also need to buy the Panasonic lens adaptor for the camera you have (DMW-LA5 for FZ40/45, fZ100/150 and FZ47/48) as putting anything heavier then a simple filter directly on the lens will burn out the zoom motor.

If you want to experiment with some filters, You should also buy good quality filters, which means fairly expensive. Having said that, I have found the brand 'neewer' filters to be very good value for money.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:28 PM   #3

G'day Thejas

You are not the first person to pose this Q on this forum ...
I would -not- recommend either collection to you
You will be aware of the old saying "anybody can make something cheaper... but cheap does not mean good quality"

Some time ago I bought a very similar set for a bit of experimenting > here's the results

Image samples for "2x super high quality teleconverter lens"

Image comparing camera zoom to "2x teleconverter" lens

and the wide-angle adapter [used indoors to show whole room] > note corner sharpness

I would need to know more about your style of photography and what you want to do more of ... and I suspect that you can do most of what you wish to via the current camera without buying these poor-quality devices

Your camera has digital zoom and this will give better results than the 2x converter.
You can create your own super-wide-angle images by taking multiple images and stitching them together

Things that -will- be useful for you would be a good, solid tripod that will not vibrate in the wind, and if you like closeups [but without getting too close to the subject] maybe a good quality "+2 dioptre" close up lens to allow the camera to take close ups from 1/2 metre BUT while still using 100% of your zoom capabilities

Hope this has been of some help
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:30 AM   #4

tks a lot Square one and Ozzie_Traveller i wont buy any 1 of those , anyway i am using Pnasonic FZ35
Thejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:19 AM   #5

No problem Thejas

For your FZ35 you would need the Panasonic DMW-LA3 adapter to fit the LC55 close up lens or any other converter lens.

If you look at Amazon or eBay type sites you can find genuine Panasonic LA3 adapters for less then copies.