Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:03 PM   #11

Nice to meet you too Eysha.
NileLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:44 PM   #12

Eyesha,

I have FZ28, and I think FZ35 has the same buttons on the top of the camera, below the shutter release (big) button.

There are two small buttons, one marked AF (Focus) and the other marked AF/MF.

The AF (Focus) button helps you to correctly focus on the subject (same effect as depressing the shutter release half way) but you can be sure the camera does a better job than we doing the same pressing the shutter release half-way.

The AF/MF toggles between Auto Focus and Manual Focus. In manual focus mode, operating the joystick gives an enlarged view of the focus area on the screen and you can control the joystick up or down to achieve perfect focus to the desired area.

There are very useful once you practice and get used to them.

Raghu
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:51 AM   #13

Thanks Raguh, does that mean it is better to use auto focus button as opposed to pressing shutter button half way down, and do u still have to do both or just one?
I like the manual focus but it can be difficult at times.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:02 PM   #14

I would suggest using the AF button when you are in doubt if the focus is right. You can see when pressing the button that the camera adjusts the lens to make proper focus. There is no harm in using it all the time too.

By the way, the same button can be put to other uses, like setting the focus point away from the centre of the screen, etc. This feature is very useful when composing - say a bright sunflower in one corner of the screen and the open field in the rest of the screen and you want perfect focus on the flower without shifting from the composed frame. You can learn one by one, no hurry. Enjoy photography, that's what counts.

Raghu
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:29 AM   #15

Thanks Raghu, i do read the manual but never stays in my head. When i get snippets like this i play around and i think they stick a bit better,lol.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote