Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:11 PM   #1

Default Winter Sunsets in Kent, England

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post on your forum but i have visited many times as a non member to view some of the excellent pictures that members post. i was lead here when looking for other panasonic fz series pictures on the net. particularly moon pics and sunsets. always found members here took great pics and inspired me to atempt some of my own. i have no lens converters yet so everything is straight off the camera in standard kit. mixed reviews from some on the fz100 (poor low light shots mainly) but on the whole im loving my fz100 after a good few months of snapping some 10000 images (yes i have some spare time lol) i'd love to post some on here but unfortunately i dont know how to reduce the size of the picture to meet with maximum KB guidelines. if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

many thanks
john
Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:24 PM   #2

Welcome John in this beautiful Forum!

RIOT is a simple and free program to reduce the weight and size of images:

http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/

Obviously the same thing you can do with popular programs like Photoshop and GIMP .....

Expect to see your shots soon...
Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:57 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum FITCIP

Another free program which can be used to resize your images, ready to post here is a program called "Faststone", it is a really god image viewer as well, has simple adjustment options as well as showing EXIF data of the image.

http://www.faststone.org/
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:37 PM   #4

thanks for the fast response catelex and square one, i'll be getting them programs and giving it a go tonight. will hopefully post some pics up straight after.
happy new year to you both.

back soon
john
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:07 PM   #5

Default shots as promised

wow! couldnt believe how easy it was to use. thanks guys!
as promised then, and please feel free to comment or correct because i am new to photography as a hobby and i am here to learn. i threw in a moon shot i took too, no teleconverter was used, it was straight off the camera's own built in zoom.

many thanks

john
Attached Images

Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:09 PM   #6

the second sunset here is currently on bbc's weather website gallery. very happy to have had my picture selected, given the caliber of the competition on there. all the sunsets were shot in november so i guess i got lucky

john
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:52 PM   #7

Welcome FITCIP, these are great shots! I agree that #2 is super! Looking forward to more posts from you.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:16 AM   #8

Really beautiful series John!! Great colors in the sky and composition, I agree with Saly, # 2 is amazing.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:55 AM   #9

high praise from you both, as i have seen and been amazed by both of your works. "pic of the day saly" and catalex! thank you both so much for your kind words. i will be taking a trip to the lakes in kent this week, most likely wednesday, as i want to try my hand at reflective landscapes. its all new to me but as a former art student i like to play and try and be creative with composition. thanks again for your kind comments

john
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:12 AM   #10

Welcome to the Forum, John. #2 and #4 are very impressive. With your experience of 10K+ photos and art background, we look forward to seeing great photos from you.
Raghu
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote