Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:51 PM   #1

Default a challenge for you pp jedi among us...

crazy i know, and probably right but i took this photo a couple of years ago on my sons 4th birthday. a trip to the local wildlife park, back in the days before i had a camera of any notable quality. (some might say that is still to arrive lol)

i took this using an 8mp camera on my samsung mobile phone. im too noobish to be able to get anything better from my own rather poor pp skills, so i thought i'd offer it up as a challenge to anyone that fancies taking it on?

cheers
john
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:54 PM   #2

here ya go folks, helps if i add it properly
Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:54 PM   #3

I see no photo... Ah! There it is! We posted at the same time!

It's really blown out, the water isn't interesting and the resolution is bad. Like my phone photos... And I bought it because of the (good!) reviews of the camera!!!

Other than that, I like the positioning of the birds in relation to each other.

I can see the good intention behind the photo... But, I think you need a do-over... Sorry.

Last edited by JeannieBug; Jan 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Because the picture showed up as soon as I hit the button.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:10 PM   #4

is it there now? lol
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:20 PM   #5

appreciate your honesty jeannie thanks. will have to go there with my "real" camera now then and try to get a better snap. shame tho cos i love the positioning as you pointed out. and the pic is called "pelican crossing" which i hoped would at least get a laugh from our british members lol
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:33 PM   #6

I'm sure that nearly all of the issues with the photo are due to the camera. It's the same with my pictures. I'm certainly no Ansel Adams, but I don't think I'm the world's worst photographer either... Until I snap a pic with my phone... You'd want to take it away from me! LOL
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:55 PM   #7

lol, i just bought a new phone recently, the samsung galaxy s 2 and the camera on it is about as good as my other half's compact which is a 14mp but not very expensive. i thought the camera wasnt very serious on my phone til i saw this. then i laughed my butt off for about 10 minutes before thinking this might have appealed to me back before i got my pana lol... oh the shame!

http://www.geekstuff4u.com/thanko-ga...-lens-x10.html
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:15 PM   #8
gordymohr

it aint pretty, but this is what I came up with.

Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:14 PM   #9

I would never use a camera phone for serious photography. I feel even a 3mp dedicated digicam is much better than a 8 or 10mp camera phone. But there happen to be occasions when you miss the digicam so much, at which times the mobile camera may just substitute, but not replace. Here is what I could achieve of your photo:

Name:  test.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  98.3 KB
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:09 AM   #10

I have the Samsung Exhibit. Everyone said that the camera was really good. I'm sooo not impressed... I guess all the people who said it was good have never used a real camera.

That lens and tripod are really funny - and yeah, kinda cool! Well, I like geeky stuff like that. I have a really neat little folding keyboard for my PalmPilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITCIP View Post
lol, i just bought a new phone recently, the samsung galaxy s 2 and the camera on it is about as good as my other half's compact which is a 14mp but not very expensive. i thought the camera wasnt very serious on my phone til i saw this. then i laughed my butt off for about 10 minutes before thinking this might have appealed to me back before i got my pana lol... oh the shame!

http://www.geekstuff4u.com/thanko-ga...-lens-x10.html