Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:12 PM   #1

Default MY flowers experiment

Hi, this is my flower experiment
Attached Images

mistwalker1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:52 PM   #2

G'day mw

As a couple of experiments they have probably succeeded in what it was that you were aiming at ~ and all of us 'togs do lots of experimenting.
However like a chef in the kitchen, our experiments refine our techniques till we become "real good mate" and produce excellent results ... so keep experimenting !

cc of your images if I may-
The 1st image I wasn't too sure what I was being shown, but via #2, I can see what #1 is all about
#2 image, I find is a bit 'busy' ... what exactly do you want me looking at 'cos there's lots of colour & shape & texture etc etc

Mat I invite you to keep trying, but maybe just show us one, maybe two flowers at a time
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day mw

cc of your images if I may-
The 1st image I wasn't too sure what I was being shown, but via #2, I can see what #1 is all about
#2 image, I find is a bit 'busy' ... what exactly do you want me looking at 'cos there's lots of colour & shape & texture etc etc

Mat I invite you to keep trying, but maybe just show us one, maybe two flowers at a time
Regards, Phil
oh, my experimentig involved getting to try a micro mode for the first time mostly

pic #1 I like because it looks to me( how I see it) a litle surreal, alien almost etc
pic #2 I want to show all the colors, shapes and flowers, but I you think it take away focus,, I will go with your imput.

Like I said I was experimenting I have camera since Christmas, but with college,exams and prepering for my Certificate of Qualification ( lots of study) I really don't have time to play with it, since the experiment>
Phil, thank you for your imput, I am looking forward to more pictures and your critique and future imput.
Regards, Greg
Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:39 AM   #4

I'd agree with Ozzie here.... Adding to it, I'd say, if you have to put in those many flowers into an image, you might wanna take your frame a little farther away.

It's all about balance imho. If you have so much detail, you want to balance it a little with bland, low detail areas. Else, as Ozzie said, reduce the detail (1 or 2 flowers) if you need to fill up the frame with it

In a relationship with a Panasonic Fz40
Hama Macro Filters (+1, +2, +4)

flickr
facebook
xHassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHassan View Post
I'd agree with Ozzie here.... Adding to it, I'd say, if you have to put in those many flowers into an image, you might wanna take your frame a little farther away.

It's all about balance imho. If you have so much detail, you want to balance it a little with bland, low detail areas. Else, as Ozzie said, reduce the detail (1 or 2 flowers) if you need to fill up the frame with it
Thank you. I will remember that.