Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:17 PM   #1

Default slightly more success in HDR...

the home for over 50 years of philanthropist Sir Moses Montefoire in the early nineteenth century was demolished in 1950, leaving the outer wall of the grounds and this beautiful glasshouse intact. thanks to restoration this beautiful building can now be visited in Ramsgate, kent. i took my son Harvey (5 yrs old) there today and took some bracket shots by hand, on the offchance i might try again with a HDR effort. had i think i used the tripod (back in the car) ((smacks forehead)) i think i would have got a near spot on result.

i used photomatix and took a bit of time trying to get everything as it should be. due to the 3 exposures being hand held the trees and some detail went a bit blurred. but all in all im happy with this one.

please comment to assist my learning.

thanks,
john
Attached Images

Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:50 PM   #2

If you can remove some 'red color, becomes a great shot! Good job John.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:06 PM   #3

the way the low sun shone over the trees behind me did cast an orangy glow. but i see what you mean alex, i think rather than tamper with this though as i dot really know how to reduce it without ruining it, i will go there again this week with the tripod and replicate the shot

thanks again mate, ive kept you busy too today lol
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:59 PM   #4

To me, shadow is part of life. If there is light, there is shadow. But cutting down the intensity of the shadow the image becomes flat with a fake look particularly in cases like this when we can see that the sun is blasting against the structure but the shadows of the tree branches are almost non-existent.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote