Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 7, 2012, 7:29 PM   #11

Simon40 I looked at a Panasonic while trying to decide on a camera. I see you have several camera's in this class. At this point which is the one you prefer for quality pictures.
alamosimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:42 AM   #12

I have different camera's for different jobs.
If I'm walking around- with an empty mind- then the SX40hs comes with me (you never know when that zoom may come in handy.!)
If I'm shooting sports (usually fell/running races) then my DSLR comes with me.
When I'm blazing round on my bike,my TZ10 does the job due to its diminutive size and versatility.
If I'm up in the mountains- and running- my scruffy (but tough) old Fuji J100 does the job.
As someone on these blogs says- "The best camera is the one you have with you...."
In other words- sometimes the conditions dictates,as opposed to IQ.
I simply would not take my DSLR out with me on my bike(despite it having the best IQ)- so in that regard,my TZ10 in infinitely better....!!!
Just one point of note however- I do like speed- Off to shot time,shot to shot time,AF speed,continuous shooting speed...etc... and Panasonics are very good in this regard... quite often a lack of speed misses a shot/opportunity- and a classic example of where speed outweighs ultimate IQ....
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:20 AM   #13

That is a good point. I do get hung up on getting the best picture every time when that is not always necessary. I think I have the Canon where I can get good pictures maybe not the best most of the time. The killer about digital pictures is when you view them on the computer it makes them full screen and therefore you see details in the picture that you would not if you went straight to print.
alamosimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:27 AM   #14

Indeed alamosimp.... the dreaded pixel peeking syndrome... viewing images at a size most are very unlikely to print.
Flaws can be seen with ANY camera's images if you look hard enough and close enough...
Try not to get hung up on minute details... and pardon the pun,but think of the bigger picture...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:25 PM   #15

These are awesome! I wish I'd live there.
peruchox is offline   Reply With Quote