Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMON40 View Post
Clearly the TZ-10 isn't ideal for night photography- however- take a peek at these shots taken in Hong Kong...!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1219421...oto_5717582520

And from what I can see- were taken in Auto..!
Yeah, those are pretty good. They were taken in Program mode from what I can tell. Forcing ISO 80 or on some night shots ISO 800... They have quite a bit of Photoshop processing too.
KurtCocain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCocain View Post
Yeah, well, you could say pics are OK, but compared to what I saw in person ) do not do it justice. I did try a few things:
- ISOMAX 400
- no zoom (widest aperture)
- had the camera sitting on a flat surface
- timer set on 2 seconds

But I was not getting anything good with 400, upped it up to 800, nothing good. Then I became desperate and tried the SCN modes, and from what I can judge on the small screen the Night modes looked better. Then when I looked at them on the computer, no so great..

As far as the portraits photos -- there I have no control as other people are doing the picture for me, but I have tried AutoFlash, Force Flash on, and Slow Sync. Slow Sync seems to be the best but still had a lot of yellowish. Guess thats why many ppl do white balance in post processing.. I am just not a fan of spending tons of time with Photoshop on every single picture.
I agree with you.. it takes time to shoot in the night. I'm still struggling that is why i'm becoming a golden hour shooter.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:25 PM   #13

Not much wrong with any of your shots Kurt, that's not saying they couldn't be improved, keep shooting with different settings until you find the best, night shooting is not easy, so don't blame the camera yet. That first pic is stunning, pity you didn't clone out those two spots on the left.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
Not much wrong with any of your shots Kurt, that's not saying they couldn't be improved, keep shooting with different settings until you find the best, night shooting is not easy, so don't blame the camera yet. That first pic is stunning, pity you didn't clone out those two spots on the left.
Actually I did not see them until someone pointed them out. I guess they are from the dirty window I was shooting though... I autobracketed so i can re-do it in Photoshop properly

But yes, I could have done better... with manual mode and doing some long exposure times. Would have been stunning.
KurtCocain is offline   Reply With Quote