Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:14 PM   #11

The Digipower is fucking awesome. I used it when I was pulling photo duty during the Iowa caucuses. I filled a 512 meg card wtihout recharging the battery pack.

Unless you're doing something completely insane, though, you usually only need the pack-in battery and a replacement from Eagle...it's easy to bring along, fits perfectly in a fifth pocket on jeans.
Red Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:14 PM   #12

The Digipower is fucking awesome. I used it when I was pulling photo duty during the Iowa caucuses. I filled a 512 meg card wtihout recharging the battery pack.

Unless you're doing something completely insane, though, you usually only need the pack-in battery and a replacement from Eagle...it's easy to bring along, fits perfectly in a fifth pocket on jeans.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:14 PM   #13

Old Feb 25, 2004, 11:36 AM   #14

Many thanks for all your answers and comments. And thanks to srvsd, for those panoramic shots - they look really good to me.

The Digipower sounds great. Itís good to know itís an option in case I find the standard battery life a problem.

After digging through various forums and reviews, and reading your comments, I've decided that the FZ10 is the camera I would prefer to buy. I think the FZ10 wins hands down when compared to the C750, mainly because of the IS and the better performance. However, perhaps this isn't a fair comparison as in the UK you can buy a C750 for £270. If the FZ10 does retail for around £500, then that's twice the price and I don't think I can pay that much. Additionally, Panasonic appear to be rather shy when it comes to committing to a UK release date. 4th March has been mentioned, but Iíve heard in reality it could be April or even May.

Things move on and Panasonic may miss the boat - Canon has announced and appears to have released the Canon S1 IS in the UK. The cheapest price Iíve found is £387:

http://uk.pricerunner.com/photograph...195226/details

I'd like to see how this compares to the FZ10. On paper, the FZ10 still looks better, but I'll have to carefully consider whether the extra features and performance of the FZ10 is worth paying another £100+. Like the FZ10, the Canon is image stabilised, but has 10x optical zoom (38-380mm equivalent) as opposed to the FZ10's 12x zoom (35-420mm), and is 3.2m pixels rather than 4m pixels. Itís a tricky one, but I donít want to wait for months on end without a firm commitment from Panasonic. I really want to purchase within the next 2 or 3 weeks, otherwise Iíll never get into digital photography as Iíll be eternally sitting on the fence waiting for the perfect camera.

Once again, thank-you all for your help. I'll hope for a UK release in the next couple of weeks, otherwise I'm going to be tempted to have a closer look at the new Canon. Then thereís the Olympus C788 with IS Ė but that looks even further away in terms of UK availabilityÖ
mileswaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 6:31 AM   #15

FYI - I've just received an email from Panasonic UK telling me they expect the FZ10 to be released in the UK during April. So I guess that means they won't be in anyone's hands before May. Arggh! Oh well...

mileswaterson is offline   Reply With Quote