Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:17 PM   #1

Default Raynox 250 FZ25 Mounting Question

Sorry to bother, but I tried searching this forum and the Raynox website and found no information at all. I was contemplating purchasing a Raynox 250 macro lens for my Panasonic DMC-FZ35 and was wondering, does it mount directly on the end of the camera lens, or is there an adapter I need to buy? If an adapter needs to be purchased can you please enlighten me as to what mfg/model and where I might find one (in the states)? Many thanks for your advice and help.
4mula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:38 PM   #2

Have a read of this- with links to the FZ-35 further down the page.
http://www.shewsbury.com/2010/09/ama...250-macro.html
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:03 PM   #3

You may use the adapter from Panasonic (LA3) or the Pemaraal adapter for attaching the Raynox. If you are buying Pana's close-up lens LC55, then stick to LA3.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:48 PM   #4

SIMON40 and Raghu, Thank you both for the advice. For the link and letting me know that the Panasonic LA3 will work. That answers everything perfectly, much appreciated!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:00 AM   #5

As others already noted, it works the best with LA3. I also have a FZ35 and use the Raynox 250 with LA3.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...rch=yes&sts=ma

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:58 AM   #6

Saly, thank you for letting me know. That is exactly what I plan to do, mount it on the Panasonic LA3 now that I know. By the way, you really take some beautiful photos. I always enjoy seeing what you post.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
Saly, thank you for letting me know. That is exactly what I plan to do, mount it on the Panasonic LA3 now that I know. By the way, you really take some beautiful photos. I always enjoy seeing what you post.
Thank you very much, 4mula1. For your info, I also own the LC-55 which also mounts on the LA3. It is half the magnification of the Raynox 250, but it is very easy to use and versatile. I sometimes stack the two (attach the LC55 on the LA3 tube, then clip the Raynox 250 on top) and I get much more magnification. I must caution you that the Raynox 250 has a very shallow DOF and is a little tricky to use. Also, make sure you order the clip adapter which is sold with the Raynox 250.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:24 PM   #8

Saly, Thank you for the information. I will take note of the shallow d.o.f. and the ability to stack the two lenses. I am sure there will be a learning curve, but I enjoy that sort of thing. Again I appreciate your photo and explanation of what to do and expect!