Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:06 PM   #1

Default Fz 200

Hi did anyone got his hands on the new camera yet? I had a phone call from my local camera store that they have it in stock but I am unable to get there until this weekend.
mistwalker1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:32 AM   #2

Well, I on my way to pick up new FZ 200, wish me luck and that I did not make a mistake changing FZ 150 for FZ 200.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 2:12 PM   #3

Lucky you, from everything I've seen and read, it is an amazing camera.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2012, 2:29 PM   #4

Let us know what you think.

jj
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:28 PM   #5

Hi I just come back from the store with new camera, so I will try to give you my first impressin of the FZ 200. Before I finally bough it I spend over an hour handling it and I have to admit it it feels good in my hands, button layout is litlle bit different than FZ 150 but shutter and dial mode are the same, as are menu/set configuration, so getting use to it wont be a complete new learning expierience. Camera itself is slightly bigger than FZ 150 having them side by side I can see the difference in a lens size easily. What changes is the battery, ( I had a spare battery for 150 model but looks like I will have to buy the new spare battery some other time). As for menu and dial there is less positions and my first impression is that I can find a desired setting for a picture faster( i had an hour with a store display one ) but as I said before it just a first impression So far I am impressed with the camera and as the time and my litle girl permit it I will try to take and post pictures side by side from both FZ 150 and FZ 200 over this weekend. You will have to forgive me it wont be profesionally done but I will do my best. As of this moment the battery is charging and I am looking at the manual.
Price wise I got this camera for $569.99 CAD. I have 14 days to decided if I am gona keep it or return it to get the full refund. If I decide to keep it the store will give me around $230.00 for my FZ 150 ( guatanteed until december ) but I think I can get it more if I try it to sell it on line, so the final price will vary between $200.00 to $370.00 depends which option I will take, and as it is, my b-daycomming in a month so the wife even is for it because she wont have to look for a gift.

Please forgive me my spelling and grammer but english is not may first language .
Greg
Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:54 AM   #6

not to hijack, but someone on another forum has posted these
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=42391098
killerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerwolf View Post
not to hijack, but someone on another forum has posted these
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=42391098
thats good, because belive it or not I did not take even ONE picture with new camera, I dont have time to do it. Between my wifes work, my litle girl and my mom, the only free time I had this weekend was when I got up early and I did not feel like and found nothing interesting I like to shoot the picture of, sad I know .
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:08 PM   #8

FINALLY I have a few pictures I took with the new camera and I am happy with the results. I do like the camera and I will try really hard to do a comparison test between 150 and 200 as soon as I find the time.
Attached Images

Last edited by mistwalker1006; Sep 3, 2012 at 8:08 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:43 PM   #9

strange, the copy of the pic I have on my computer and the one I posted here are a litle different, they seemed to lost the focus while being resized. Did anyone has had situation like that?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:46 PM   #10

That is usually down to the files you're uploading being too large- above 250mb file size...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote