Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:13 AM   #1

Default Finally got her out of the house

On September 9, last Sunday, my wife fell ill with an upper respiratory infection, and my mother, who is 90 years young, fell at church and broke her hip. Between waiting on my wife hand and foot, and running back and forth to the hospital, I was running out of gas quick, when they moved mom to the rehab hospital on Thursday. On Saturday, my wife wanted to get out of the house, so we went to the beach to the corvette show, and went to have lunch at the Paradise Inn. We had never been there before, so it was somewhat of an adventure.

I didn't take as many shots as I would have liked, and I used my Panny ZS8. my wife asked why I didn't bring my DSLR, and I told her that if I had to carry her to the car I didn't need the extra weight.

So here are a few shots from the show..

Some pretty neat hood art..

1)

2) A little closer

3)

4) Tweety engine art

5) Tweety hood art

6) The Black Knight...I didn't notice my reflection until I saw it on the computer lol.

7) Okay, this is the one that stole my heart. I wanted to buy it but couldn't afford the down payment haha..Any body know what this is? I had never seen one in my life, I felt like I'd been living under a rock!

8)

9)

10)

11) Guessed it yet? Okay, this last pic will give it away.

This car was built in a very limited quantity in 2003. This particular one is to be auctioned off in the next couple of months.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:20 AM   #2

Almost forgot. Here is a pic of the Paradise Inn. I had grilled Mahi Mahi, french fries, cole slaw and hush puppies. My wife ordered the same thing, but I ended up eating hers too, because she couldn't taste anything. A lot of places we eat are one and done, but I told her I would eat here again, ever feel like that about a place?

My Flickr
-Robert-

Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:30 AM   #3

I like your pic's but I do think they are too vivid and the last one is over sharpened, I find those SZ cameras excellent, but tricky to operate.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:23 AM   #4

Those Corvette photos rock Robert...man what some nice rides...great shots of the hoods as well...

Yes, that looks like a place I would love to go for a dinner...was in Pensacola awhile back and there were several great places to eat...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:17 AM   #5

Robert sorry about your mom and wife, hope all get well soon.

I like your shots and the color makes them POP!

Do you have a Corvette?

jj
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:26 PM   #6
csa

Robert, great series of shots! I agree, the vivid colors really make the images "pop", and add to them greatly!

Best wishes to your Mom & wife to get better soon!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
I like your pic's but I do think they are too vivid and the last one is over sharpened, I find those SZ cameras excellent, but tricky to operate.
Thanks, Grounded. You are right about the vivid part. I have the color set to vivid, I will look at that and maybe tweak it down some. The last one IS over sharpened. Here is another one that I did less PP on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Those Corvette photos rock Robert...man what some nice rides...great shots of the hoods as well...

Yes, that looks like a place I would love to go for a dinner...was in Pensacola awhile back and there were several great places to eat...
Thanks, Cole, it was nice just being anywhere besides the house or hospital for a week. My wife showed me this little restaurant, I had never heard of it. A couple of other good places to dine at the beach are Flounder's and Peg Leg Pete's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Robert sorry about your mom and wife, hope all get well soon.

I like your shots and the color makes them POP!

Do you have a Corvette?

jj
Thanks JJ, my wife is about 90%, and mom, well, she has about a month ahead in rehab for her hip. No, I don't own a corvette, but if I did, it would be that white one above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa View Post
Robert, great series of shots! I agree, the vivid colors really make the images "pop", and add to them greatly!

Best wishes to your Mom & wife to get better soon!
Thank you kindly, Carol. I guess the vivid colors are not everyone's cup of tea!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:53 AM   #8

Flounders was our favorite place to eat Robert! What great fresh food! DO you ever get any shots of the Blue Angels, I caught a few while I was there, first time I had seen them and they were awesome to see, just great!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Flounders was our favorite place to eat Robert! What great fresh food! DO you ever get any shots of the Blue Angels, I caught a few while I was there, first time I had seen them and they were awesome to see, just great!
I missed last year's Pensacola Beach show, but the year earlier, I took my wife, son, and granddaughter out to Margaritaville and had ring side seats. Here are some links to the shots I took there. You may have already seen these.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/tr...ola-beach.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/tr...-part-two.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/tr...-part-3-a.html

If you decide to come here during a show, get reservations early!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:49 PM   #10

That white care looks to be the perfect car for the FLA weather. I miss Florida in the winter. The best place to escape the cold.