Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:31 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
happy_peasant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,048
Default

Very nice. I am most impressed by those thrashers and would like one to come visit if it's not too much trouble.
Steve
__________________
FZ7 and FZ35 - Deceased, FZ18 - Given daughter, FZ150, E-PL1 and G3 - In use.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:07 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sussex, UK
Posts: 14
Default

Hi Saly, I have been looking at your photos are they are stunning, I have just bought an fz150 after going around the houses a bit with dslr's and bridge cameras. Finally came back to this one. Could you possibly tell me what settings you use for noise reduction and sharpness etc. as Im not really sure what to put these on or whether to just leave them at default, so would be very grateful if you could give me some tips, thanks, jacqui.
__________________
Jacqui
jacqui2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_peasant View Post
Very nice. I am most impressed by those thrashers and would like one to come visit if it's not too much trouble.
Steve
I'll let them know. What's your address?
__________________



Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:22 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2 View Post
Hi Saly, I have been looking at your photos are they are stunning, I have just bought an fz150 after going around the houses a bit with dslr's and bridge cameras. Finally came back to this one. Could you possibly tell me what settings you use for noise reduction and sharpness etc. as Im not really sure what to put these on or whether to just leave them at default, so would be very grateful if you could give me some tips, thanks, jacqui.
Thank you so much, that is very kind! I have been using: Contrast 0, NR -1, Sharpness 0, Saturation 0. However, I have recommendations to change the NR to +1 and Sharpness +1, so I'm going to try that next. I'll let you know how I like it. I sometimes use a Photoshop Elements plugin to denoise the background only.
__________________



Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:43 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sussex, UK
Posts: 14
Default

Hi Saly, thankyou very much for sharing your settings. As I say, your photos are fantastic, and so are a lot of peoples on this forum. Been trying my fz150 in the garden but we have pretty dull weather at the moment with heavy snow so not ideal, but will definately give your settings a try, thanks again, jacqui.
__________________
Jacqui
jacqui2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:11 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2 View Post
Hi Saly, thankyou very much for sharing your settings. As I say, your photos are fantastic, and so are a lot of peoples on this forum. Been trying my fz150 in the garden but we have pretty dull weather at the moment with heavy snow so not ideal, but will definately give your settings a try, thanks again, jacqui.
I should also mention that I shoot mostly in P mode, adjusting the ISO to match the light conditions. Occasionally when I'm after particularly quick birds, I change to M mode and try to bring up the shutter speed.
__________________



Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:38 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sussex, UK
Posts: 14
Default

Thanks Saly
__________________
Jacqui
jacqui2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:20 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Default

Very nice!
RandTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:59 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Default

Nice!
I haven't had much luck getting shots of birds yet.
RandTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:28 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Auckland. New Zealand
Posts: 598
Default

They are fantastic Saly, you don't need the FZ200 they all rave on about.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:28 PM.