Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:37 AM   #11

Thanks Tullio, I have to go out today and will be near a park, the same one. I will take more photos. I will be using the TZ30 as it is small and that is what I used the last time. I will post straight out of the camera and I still have the shots from the last time so I will post a couple of those too.
Many thanks and speak later today.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:04 AM   #12

I thought you were obtaining bad results with the FZ38...

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:31 PM   #13

eysha- a good photography "how to" book is one of the best ways to understand the "ins and outs" of photography and the "when and why"...
And they're fairly inexpensive... perhaps worth the small investment prior to a new camera...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:05 PM   #14

Tullio I am experiencing bad results with both the 38 and the TZ30, Which is why I think it is my fault.
Simon, I have borrowed books from the library but I am a visual learner.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. The 200 looks good and i am so tempted. I guess the only thing holding me back is lack of confidence in my ability to take a good photograph as i know it's the photographer not the camera.
Saly i love you rphotos, you always take nice photos and i like to photograph birds too, but i think i am pretty useless so far and i know the 200 isn't going to improve my photography. unfortunately there is no camera clubs nearby for me to learn from so i am still plodding - slowley, lol.
Thanks again everyone.
eysha

I am a point and shoot photographer. I just upgraded to the FZ200. I have had it about a week. So far I am pleased. Has every photograph been perfect, no.

Here is a picture I took at 6 am just before starting to shovel snow. I just used the auto mode. P&S ya know. No editing was done with the photo.

Rich

cargin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:18 PM   #16

Eysha, It is easy to get despondant, Don't, On your TZ30 set the apature to the largest 2.8 or 3, then use A, forget the IA, sometimes P is ok too, I am assuming my TZ10 is similar to your TZ30 in picture quality. Funny thing is that nearly every shot I take looks perfect in playback, but seem to loose something on the computer screen. Keep plodding and hey, why not experiment with colourful pages from a book, costs nothing.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Tullio I am experiencing bad results with both the 38 and the TZ30, Which is why I think it is my fault.
Simon, I have borrowed books from the library but I am a visual learner.
eysha

I have been watching YouTube videos by Graham Houghton on my camera. Here is his channel. He has one video on the TZ30.

I have to watch the videos several times to remember the menus and where to find settings.

Here are a couple of more pictures when I was just horsing around seeing what the camera will do. Both night shots. Hey, I work during the day and it has been mostly cloudy and dreary here during the day. Both pictures were taken with the auto setting. The camera choose 400 ISO. This was a handheld night picture (multiple exposures blended into one image).

Same as above only the camera choose 800 ISO

Rich
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:18 PM   #18

Cargin2 I like the sparkle on the snow in the first photo and it does look clear.
grounded, my shots looked good on playback too and was quite happy until I saw them on the computer. they looked all pixaleted but as you and Tullio say the camera is a small sensor one. Won't be taking it on holiday with me though - if I get to go anywhere that is, lol.
Cargin2, yes I found Graham's videos and I watch them over and over as I have a poor memory but I find some of his terminology a bit above me.

Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Cargin2 I like the sparkle on the snow in the first photo and it does look clear.
grounded, my shots looked good on playback too and was quite happy until I saw them on the computer. they looked all pixaleted but as you and Tullio say the camera is a small sensor one. Won't be taking it on holiday with me though - if I get to go anywhere that is, lol.
Cargin2, yes I found Graham's videos and I watch them over and over as I have a poor memory but I find some of his terminology a bit above me.
eysha

I watch them over and over as I have

Join the group. I have to watch them and then do it again. Then when I get out with the camera I can't remember how to get to certain settings.

Rich
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:06 AM   #20

"I have a cunning plan".
That phrase wont mean much to U.S viewers and others but it might amuse U.K viewers.
What I do is make notes on a small pad to carry with me.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote