Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:50 PM   #1

Default Taken with TZ 30 Today

I am a bit happier with these but would still like to improve a lot. Straight out of camera only cropped for here. The last one is my favourite as I like the reflections. The water was frozen as you see but it was sunny today.
They are still not as sharp as I want them to be so what am I doing wrong?
I have left the EXIF on them.
All advice very welcome to improve.
Thanks
E.
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:53 PM   #2

You say these are cropped for here... don't you mean re-sized- or are these crops from a portion of the original image...?
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:43 PM   #3

Eysha, I think these all look great! They are small here so it's difficult to tell but they all look very good to me, with great colors and detail. I don't know what kind of bird it is in the first shot, but he looks adorable! The gull shots are all very good, and I agree I also like the reflection of the last one.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:52 AM   #4

I agree, they are not as sharp as they could be, are you waiting for the camera to focus? try a faster shutter speed, also a touch of sharpen before you post would help, what photo editor do you use? keep trying, you are so close.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:57 AM   #5

Simon, sorry, yes they are resized for the forum and not cropped.
Saly the first bird is a black bird bathing in the frozed water, lol.
Grounded, yes i wait for the camera to focus. I was using a fast shutter speed by using sports. I didn't do anything to the photos as Tullio suggested i post straight from the camera so he could advise on how to get better shots. I do agree they are not sharp and would like to improve my photgraphy and have nice sharp photos.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:16 PM   #6

I'll take a look at the EXIF when I get home this afternoon but I'd start by increasing the exposure by +0.3. The camera seems to be under-exposing. Are you shooting in P mode or iAuto? I suggest you use P mode if you aren't already. Besides, I'm not even sure whether you can change the exposure in iAuto. I need to check my ZS6.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:52 AM   #7

Eysha, try setting your apature to 2.8 or 3, and shoot A, I have a TZ10 which is a similar camera to yours, my pics look good on playback but lose something when seen on my computer. I seldom use Intelligent Auto,on the menu I set GPS off, burst off, 11 area, cloudy, 100 ISO, exposure standard, 8 MP, HD, try photographing coloured pages from a book, or familiar objects in your back yard at different settings, it costs nothing to experiment. good luck.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:09 PM   #8

Tullio, all the bird photos were shot in the sports mode for faster shutter speed but I did changed to landscape mode for the landscape. I will increase the exposure by +0.3.
Thanks Grounded, I try not to use Ai mode and I don't use the GSP or burst. I try to keep the ISO as low as possible with exposure 0. I haven't used the HD either as yet. I keep experimenting and trying to improve.
Thanks again for the posts.

Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:10 PM   #9

I really like this series Eysha!! Great work!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:16 PM   #10

Many thanks Alex, i appreciate that.