Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:19 PM   #1

Default York Railway Museum and York.

I am not good at taking photos as you all know but thought i would show these photos. The crowds were huge at the museum so no chance to get photos of the famous six sisters. The river was lovely at York as you see. I took the York Castle out of the window of the York Museum and the duck in the park. The Tyne Bridge was actually taken through the train window as it came into Newcastle station so i was surprised that it came out decent.
Photos straight out of camera, nothing done to them at all. The Tyne Bridge still has the marks on the train window showing but i didn't want to fiddle with them.
Comments welcome
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:00 PM   #2

Eysha - the fact that you want to share is more important than the technicalities. Of course, people would offer comments and suggestions that help you to improve on your skills, if you are prepared to take it in the right spirit. For example, while the river shot is superb, the castle and the bridge shots are a little skewed - you could correct them in PP. The duck close up is well done. Great going! Keep posting, then only you will know how to consistently get good shots!
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:26 AM   #3

Thanks Raghu, I am very happy to share, no problem there. I tend not to as i see such clear detailed shots posted here that i know mine are very poor quality indeed in comparason so i tend to hide and just read posts.
I am also happy to take comments in the spirit in which they are given too as the comments here have always been very helpful, my problem is i have a very poor memory and go out little however, i do appreciate comments and take them on board too.
The river shot was taken outside on a lovely day, the castle and the bridge were taken while inside a moving train so i thought they wre quite good given the circumstances and i posted them without PP. I have no doubt those who are good with PP could make them look a lot better but i do agree with you. I need to learn PP skills too.
I do appreciate your comments and your time and at least you did reply. I have posted in the past before with not one comment at all which made me feel i must be really bad so i just read posts and didn't post for a very long time.
Thanks for yoru comments Raghu.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:52 AM   #4

Lucky you to see these magnificent A4 locomotives.
Did you get any clear shots of them? Would love to see some.
When I was a kid it was always a great thrill to see one of these steaming along, we used to call them streaks.

Mike
blkms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:05 AM   #5

Couldn't get full shots of them as place way too crowded. Got shots of tops of them only with heads in the way. Happy to show some if you are interested.

Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:14 AM   #6

Yes please.
blkms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:24 PM   #7

I agree with Raghu, do not count the technicalities but the pleasure of taking pictures! Eysha continue to post your pleasant moments and beautiful images that you gather in your routes. The pleasure is in the sharing!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 3:12 PM   #8

Thanks Catalex, i love sharing and will contin ue to share too.

Old Jul 14, 2013, 1:28 PM   #9

Eysha I really like a couple of these, just takes a few minutes with a photo editor to make them come alive.

Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:40 AM   #10

How did you do that? Instructions please and thanks for your comments and time too.