Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:20 AM   #1

Default The Six Sisters - All Trains

As requested by Mike, here are the six trains from York Museum taken Tuesday 9th July. Couldn't get good shots of them properly as the crouds were hugh as you see.
Best i could get though so something for travelling.
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.

Last edited by eysha; Jul 12, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:22 AM   #2

Default Next two trains

Here are the last two trains.
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:46 AM   #3

Thank you; a few old trainspotters in those crowds.
blkms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:08 PM   #4

You are welcome, just wished i could have gotten better fuller shots but the crowds wouldn't allow it and there were tons of complaints from the photographers, especially the pros,lol.

Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:40 PM   #5

Some epic machinery there... and don't let the pro's put you off... they should encourage you... and if not... some nice hand gestures should suffice...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:45 PM   #6

Lol, one pro was very rude so i told him to learn some manners-politely of course.
Some nice cameras there, which i was very interested in as i got pushed and shoved around but with so many people there it really couldn't be helped i guess.

Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:32 PM   #7

Some photos are perfect, great documentation of these powerful passenger transport machines! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 3:15 PM   #8

Thanks Catalex, i think the Dwight D. is the crispist but happy with the others as there won't be another chance to get them all together again.

Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:25 PM   #9

Nice shots under the circumtances, Eysha. Even if the crowd were not there, I doubt if you would have got a more 'distant' or wide angle view, as these have all been parked under a roof and the space for you to move around is restricted. There is nothing like seeing them in action out in the open. I am a great admirer of steam locomotives, as you can see from my sketch which is my avatar too. The memories and feelings of childhood days these massive machines evoke is something difficult to put in words.

Great work, please share all what you can, so that others in different parts of the world get to know you, your country and your culture. You have already improved a lot (I have been seeing your photos from the beginning), and I am sure all the comments here will only help to hone your skills.

And, if you are interested in locomotives, search in flickr for W+H Brutzer's albums - the father-son duo have a massive collection of rail engines of all types from almost all countries of the world. It would be like visiting another musuem for you! (Mike, Simon and other train lovers - you may also please note )

Last edited by Raghu; Jul 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 6:13 AM   #10

Thank you Raghu. The trains were parked very close together so you are right, no one would have been able to get a good shot of their length and full beauty. I do love trains and my dad was a train driver. He worked his way up from a teenager starting by carrying ammunitions in the Second World War. I used to ride in the front, only in the yards though, and play on them when small so i too have an affection for trains. On my art website you can see that i have drawn and painted a couple too-www.eyshasfineart.co.uk
I loved the old steam trains too and well recall the smell. Many happy memories Ranhu.
I am happy to share, sharing isn't the problem, it's my lack of being able to take a good clear photo like others here but i will share and gladly take advice and comments too.
I will happily look at that site and enjoy it.
Many thanks Raghu.