Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:11 PM   #1

Default I'm becoming a "looney" (FZ150)

Not much computer time at the moment
20th June 2013.
Taken with Noise Reduction set at -2. Izoom , Iresolution, Idynamic all turned off. Exposure = Minus 2 EV.
Digital zoom turmed on. Focal length in 35mm equivalent = 600 plus a digital zoom ratio of 3.3 : 1. .

I slightly cropped the image. Removed digital noise in Paintshop Pro, then added a touch of "Fill Light and Clarity. Reduced image bredth to 800 pixels, added a slight touch of unsharp mask.

From tonight..23 June. It is made of cheese !
Taken with Picture size 8M EZ and Izoom enabled. Noise Reduction set to +2. Focal length in 35mm equivalent = 799. Exposure =-2 EV.
Same treatment in PSP as the above image.

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants" (A. Whitney Brown)
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:55 AM   #2

You're not alone, many of us are! The second one, if you de-saturate, would turn a beautiful b/w moon. The first one looks a little messed up on my screen. Hope you would'nt mind my editing your shot:
Attached Images

Last edited by Raghu; Jul 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:44 PM   #3

Nice edit Rahgu.

jj
Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu View Post
You're not alone, many of us are! The second one, if you de-saturate, would turn a beautiful b/w moon. The first one looks a little messed up on my screen. Hope you would'nt mind my editing your shot:
Thank you for the comments, Raghu. I don't mind you editing it at all
I chose not to reduce it to B/W as this was the first time I have had an opportunity to capture the moon rising above the horizon with such a strong yellow hue, and I just wanted to share it as it was.

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants" (A. Whitney Brown)
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:19 PM   #5

Sorry John failed to say I like your cheese version. Never have had much luck with moon shots myself.

jj
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:46 PM   #6

John, I liked the cheese version too, and it would have looked natural with some scenery at the time of capture added to it. Posted alone, it gives an unreal look and that is why I tried to give it a more natural look. If you google search for moon images, you will be surprised to see the range of shades (all natural, as it appeared to the photographer) the moon takes in different parts and at different times!
Happy mooning, or looning as you would like to have it!!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Sorry John failed to say I like your cheese version. Never have had much luck with moon shots myself.

jj
Thanks Jim. I hope to be able to get a LT55 and adapter in the near future, and hopefully I will be able to capture better moon shots with less noise, and also better long distance animal and bird shots.

Quote:
John, I liked the cheese version too, and it would have looked natural with some scenery at the time of capture added to it. Posted alone, it gives an unreal look and that is why I tried to give it a more natural look. If you google search for moon images, you will be surprised to see the range of shades (all natural, as it appeared to the photographer) the moon takes in different parts and at different times!
Happy mooning, or looning as you would like to have it!!
You're right about the scenery Raghu... I shall keep that in mind next time.
I'm not sure that my neighbours would approve of me "mooning" happily, so I guess I had better keep it to "looning" !

Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:50 PM   #8

Sorry, I didn't realise mooning meant something else!!