Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:55 PM   #21

I've just tracked back to your original post to see where this farce all started..!!
In the modern world,where tech' is supposed to get things moving faster- clearly it doesn't.
I'd suggest if you have another such issue on a camera in the future- accidentally drop it in a cup of tea and claim it on the house insurance..!!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
I got this dark spot with my FZ50, after a good clean I have tried to get it again but cannot, I think it may have been an insect on the lens, anyway fingers crossed.
G'day Jon
  • Set camera to "A" mode & f11 and Manual Focus
  • Point camera skywards to empty sky area
  • Take 2 or 3 images using differing zoom settings
  • Examine on computer screen

If the blob is in the same spot on all images, you've got some dust on the sensor. How you go about removing it on the FZ50 I don't know

Kepp smilin'
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2013, 5:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMON40 View Post
I've just tracked back to your original post to see where this farce all started..!!
In the modern world,where tech' is supposed to get things moving faster- clearly it doesn't.
I'd suggest if you have another such issue on a camera in the future- accidentally drop it in a cup of tea and claim it on the house insurance..!!
Well I got the camera back this evening, test images around the house seem ok so far hopefully the weather won't be as dodgy tomorrow and I can get out and test it.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:52 PM   #24

Glad to hear it's back..! Hope the test goes well tomorrow...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:17 AM   #25

Well I fired off about 600 shots since yesterday, some random oddities several times focus reversed when trying to zoom (IE: try to go tele and it went the other way) Went to charge it today, the first time I plugged it in it didn't start charging of course I realized this an hour later, unplug and replugged it started charging fine. Also I have a new spot that randomly appears. I've seen it at several different times of day and at different focal angles, I have no idea if it's dust it's def not flare. This random pic is not the best quality was messing with panoramic but in the corner you can see the white splotch...other photos it's been in the other corner and in the middle. I can't see anything on the glass I'll get some brighter light and keep looking but I really can't see anything.

comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote