Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:13 PM   #1

Default Flash Spider

before finding my fence bugs, i was out earlier and say a cute garden spider waiting on his web. tried a few pics, then took this one w/ the flash, seemed to come out pretty good considering the problem i was having trying to focus.

you'll note he seems to have a mate/friend waiting at the top too.
killerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:15 AM   #2

Hi KW, I like this shot. The spider as such has not come well, but the web has come very fine You could have cropped out the dark area caused by the shadow of the lens. Otherwise, it is very nice. For the spider, you need to go even closer, preferably on the macro mode.

The next time you see a web, if you have garden spray (for potted plants), turn the knob to mist-like spray and spray over the web. You will see very fine water drops collecting on the web, which would be very beautiful to shoot. Don't worry, no harm will be done to the web as long as you don't spray too much. Something like this:

Raghu

Last edited by Raghu; Sep 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:21 AM   #3

thanks Raghu. the spider's a little better when cropped, i left the pic above full width to get the whole web in.

i've tried that spray trick before, which is how i got my previous spider shot - doesn't harm them but it confuses them a bit :-D
killerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote