Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:26 AM   #1

Default Leeds- Liverpool Canal UK.

Hi all,
Posting pics here is a first for me, using a DMC-FS35 passed on from my daughter when she upgraded. I normally use a Pentax K100D DSLR,

so composing, etc. using the rear screen is something I haven't got the hang of yet + I normally shoot aperture priority, this little camera has no manual modes,

so that's something else to get to grips with, the user manual is very sketchy, so I'm not sure which mode I'll favour yet, never been keen on full auto.

So a few random shots from the towpath of the Leeds - Liverpool Canal, once a very busy commercial waterway, now just used by pleasure craft.

Here's a link for info http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/ll/

I see there are signs of CA showing on the trees, I'll need to correct that in future. Hope you like my early efforts. ... Jack
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:44 AM   #2

Very nice. Thanks for sharing some shots from your part of the world.

jj
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:38 AM   #3

Jack - I like the framing of the first and last shot - I think both shots done at a different time of day (without the harsh lighting) would turn out beautifully.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:23 PM   #4
csa

Nice photos indeed! I love the one of the duck!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:13 AM   #5

Hi,

JJ ... Thanks, I regularly check out your posts with interest and appreciation.

JohnG ... I agree, this was a spur of the moment shoot around midday, I'd dropped my family in town shopping, and fitted this in before picking them up

on the first bright day for a week or more, light has been very poor from a photography point of view.

Hi Carol ... This mallard drake was very skittish, usually they are very tame, and you can get excellent close-ups, he was away like a shot as I tried closer.

pic attached ... Jack.
Attached Images

Last edited by jachol; Dec 6, 2013 at 4:20 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:34 PM   #6

Agree with John, especially for the first picture. Somehow, not sure my monitor is to blame, I find all the pictures a little overexposed.

Most digicams perform poorly in low light conditions. The new breeds with large aperture throughout the zoom range may perform better, but I have not seen results yet.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu View Post
Agree with John, especially for the first picture. Somehow, not sure my monitor is to blame, I find all the pictures a little overexposed.

Most digicams perform poorly in low light conditions. The new breeds with large aperture throughout the zoom range may perform better, but I have not seen results yet.
Hi Raghu, Thanks for your input.

Re. exposure you're probably right, I was using what is termed "Normal Picture" mode, and since making these shots I've discovered a settings menu relative to

this mode, most of which could affect exposure and certainly picture quality, so I'm still on a learning curve, and don't find the basic user instructions very clear.

I'll try some further shots when time permits. ... Jack