Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:55 PM   #11

Yes, Carol, that certainly looks better than the original. I'm really sorry if my comments made you feel bad - your earlier pictures have always been fantastic, and your acquisition of the latest FZ70 had raised my expectations to a level that the pictures you posted, though good, seemed not so good for me. I am sure you can do wonders with FZ70, but before that, take rest and recover completely. Carrying a tripod is cumbersome, you can check it off your list - I prefer to rest the camera on something solid - a fence post, car top, anything that is available nearby and it has worked well.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:27 PM   #12
csa

I posted these unedited, to show what they looked like right out of the camera; that was my mistake. Where I take the bird pictures I have nothing to rest the camera on, nor anything to lean against. I did the best under the circumstances.

I won't be recovering; my doctor said Tuesday they can do no more for me, as the vetebrae has collapsed completely, it's now bone on bone.

I'm sorry and embarrassed that my photos were not up to par.

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 AM   #13

Carol.....try these settings on ur fz70 annd see if u like them.
I'm shooting in P mode.....standard style 0contrast.....sharpness+1.....saturation -2.....noise reduction -2. Small AF area. Quick AF ON....I.DYNAMIC range on HIGH.....
I kinda like these settings on my FZ70.....ENJOY.
BOB
BOB7255KHZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa View Post
I posted these unedited, to show what they looked like right out of the camera; that was my mistake. Where I take the bird pictures I have nothing to rest the camera on, nor anything to lean against. I did the best under the circumstances.

I won't be recovering; my doctor said Tuesday they can do no more for me, as the vetebrae has collapsed completely, it's now bone on bone.

I'm sorry and embarrassed that my photos were not up to par.
Carol, I am glad that you posted the photos unedited, as it shows what the camera is capable of, which is useful to anyone contemplating buying a camera or same model. I do not know how much zoom you used, but I can honestly say that my FZ150 at full zoom (a mere 24 x) cannot produce such detailed photos as those you posted.

Nothing to be sorry or embarrassed about.

So sorry to hear about you back problem.

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants" (A. Whitney Brown)
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:57 PM   #15

Quote:
my doctor said Tuesday they can do no more for me...
Then, it's time to find a new doctor, Carol.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote