Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2004, 8:39 AM   #21

Panasonic rates both their 256mb and 512mb cards at the same 10mb transfer rate...the smaller cards at 2mb. The first url below compares cards, the second will lead to the stats of specific cards.

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el..._explained.asp

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...tGroupId=11049
jmgiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 10:00 AM   #22

Well, not long after I posted my message earlier, PNY's tech support got back to me in reply to the e-mail I sent on Friday:

Dear customer,

The data transferts is the same for a 512 Mb 2 mb/s in readind and 6mb/s in writting...

Regards,
CÚcile
Pny Tec Sup

Seems a bit strange that the read speed is so much slower than the write speed, but that write speed seems to be pretty sufficient for me. Looks like I'm going to be going and grabbing myself a couple of those cards.
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 1:22 PM   #23

I would be suspicious. It doesn't make any sense that write speed would be 3 times as fast as reading speed. I've been wrong before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenRug
Well, not long after I posted my message earlier, PNY's tech support got back to me in reply to the e-mail I sent on Friday:

Dear customer,

The data transferts is the same for a 512 Mb 2 mb/s in readind and 6mb/s in writting...

Regards,
CÚcile
Pny Tec Sup

Seems a bit strange that the read speed is so much slower than the write speed, but that write speed seems to be pretty sufficient for me. Looks like I'm going to be going and grabbing myself a couple of those cards.
Ramblin_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:57 AM   #24

Anyone else find those read and write times suspicious, or can anyone with a better knowledge of the internal workings of an SD card shed some light on the matter?
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote