Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:10 AM   #1

Default Silver clouds

There was a power outage recently in the night time. Unable to sleep, I took to the terrace. The summer heat kept me awake for quite a while, driving me to make use of the time to catch the hidden moon in its various forms. I hope you like these.

Last edited by Raghu; Jun 19, 2014 at 4:12 AM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:26 AM   #2

Hi Raghu : i see much grainy maybe settings are hard sharpand and low noise reduction .
What are the settings in your fz200?.
do you shot in Jpg or raw?
Nice composing and i like Bw mode in this pics

Mario
sucama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:33 AM   #3

Hi Mano, thanks for looking and for the comments. These were shot under very difficult conditions - difficult for me, I mean! It was sweltering hot, close to 32 C even at night, no power and being cloudy, not much of wind also. All these were shot lying on the mat and resting hand on the pillow, between brief awakenings amid disturbed half-sleep. I was trying various settings - mostly ISO 200 and 400, and close to 1 second exposure. Surprised they came without much of a shake. You're right, I did a little extra sharpening that has resulted in the grains, which is accentuated further in flickr. I find all the photos when seen through flickr appear further sharpened. No, I did not apply NR. The only plus is the different look I got of the cloudy night.

Last edited by Raghu; Jun 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:23 PM   #4

Hi Raghu:I like the 2 pic; I suffer the same problem with jpg settings in fz200.
In Fz150 is much easy sh+1, NR :-1or -2 most the time. In FZ200 is more dificult, finaly the setting most used for me 1) STD: sh:-2, NR:-1 Co and Sat in 0, and 2) : Vivid:co:-1 SH:-2 sat:-1 NR:-1. All with ires n
In very contrast situation or high iso (800 even 1600) I shot in raw and reveal with sylkipix 5 Pro or much fine DXO 9, perfect to control noise in FZs
sucama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:06 PM   #5

Thanks for sharing the settings. I will try these on my FZ200. Of late, I have not attempted NR either on cam or on PP. Let me try.