Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:27 PM   #11
csa

There was no sharpening, etc. done to this image, with the exception of cropping it, otherwise straight out of the camera.
iZoom was used.

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~

Last edited by csa; Aug 9, 2014 at 2:20 PM.
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:06 PM   #12

Dear Carol,
Nice to see you back! I hope you have recovered from your back injury. We would love to see the photos out of your FZ70.
If I remember it right, you had mentioned you were not satisfied with the images you posted in the forum, and that is what I meant with my comment. The moon picture, OOC, is very good.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:28 PM   #13
csa

I've been very happy with the photos from the FZ70; if you'll go back to when I first got it, I started a thread saying how much I was enjoying it.

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:41 AM   #14

I don't want to prolong the discussion, but I did go back to earlier threads and this is what you had said at one particular moment:

"I posted these unedited, to show what they looked like right out of the camera; that was my mistake. Where I take the bird pictures I have nothing to rest the camera on, nor anything to lean against. I did the best under the circumstances.

I won't be recovering; my doctor said Tuesday they can do no more for me, as the vetebrae has collapsed completely, it's now bone on bone.

I'm sorry and embarrassed that my photos were not up to par."

We all know you are capable of producing much better pictures than the ones you had posted till then, and you had yourself felt bad, which is what stays in my memory as far as FZ70 is concerned.

Let's close the issue, and we look forward to seeing your pictures, taken with FZ70 or other cameras.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:27 AM   #15
csa

Ragu, I made that statement after you wished I would post an image as "sharp as Alex's Kingfish", and;

" and your acquisition of the latest FZ70 had raised my expectations to a level that the pictures you posted, though good, seemed not so good for me."

We all know Alex is a past master with a camera, and few can reach that level of expertise, but we can still enjoy what we can produce.

I was actually very proud of my first photos from the FZ70, but you were disappointed. So I haven't posted anything much since then.

Now, my apologies to the OP for taking their thread off course, I'm bowing out.

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:29 AM   #16
csa

John, Congratulations on your FZ70! I know you will enjoy it as much as I do mine! It's a fantastic camera, loaded with great potential!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa View Post
John, Congratulations on your FZ70! I know you will enjoy it as much as I do mine! It's a fantastic camera, loaded with great potential!
Thank you so much Carol. After a few days of experimenting with different settings and locations I really began to appreciate it. I am now able to get real close to birds and animals without them realising it, and get nice sharp shots for the most part.
Here are 3 shots, just for you All taken in IA mode with an aspect ratio of 1:1, 3456 x 3456 pixels
Apart from resizing and a slight touch of sharpening, they are as they came from the camera, something I appreciated you doing when you first got your FZ70, your pics and reading reviews helped with making the final decision.

I will be posting my second impressions of the camera soon , life has been a bit hectic the past couple of weeks, so I haven't really had time to post anything.

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants" (A. Whitney Brown)

Last edited by John J; Aug 10, 2014 at 8:47 PM.
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:35 PM   #18
csa

John, you are definitely using the FZ70 to it's full potential! Beautiful photos! I can't pick a favorite, as I love all three!

I'm humbled that I was a part of you deciding on the FZ70; but also excited to have a fellow photographer using this great camera!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~