Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:28 PM   #1

Default Fun Little new camera (LX7)

I know, the vaporware LX8 is close at-hand, but it's been a while since I've owned a compact and I needed one for a trip to see my daughter next week in NJ that's going to take us to some places in NYC where I was afraid my Olympus E-M1 and larger lenses might not be allowed, and the LX7 ticked all the boxes for what I wanted, great lens, 24mm wide angle, true multiple aspect ratios, raw capture and virtually all the other options available in my E-M1, with the exception of interchangeable lenses.

This morning I took it for a walk along the creek and shot a few images where I thought the dynamic range and raw file capacity might be challenged, then processed a few in Photoshop CC and was very impressed. I may wind up using it a lot more than I initially imagined.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:56 PM   #2

Very beautiful pictures, with good depth. It is also nice to see such pictures in full size as you have posted here. At one time I was eyeing LX7 mainly because of the (relative) ease of carrying, but somehow decided on FZ200 later. I still wish I should have got one.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:27 AM   #3

I bought an LX7 a few months ago - and, initially, I wasnít overly impressed (the short zoom was a bit annoying - so my FZ150 goes there!). But now Iíve got used to it - and thank goodness thereís a guide (400 page book!) to using it - and I am very pleased with it. It's a great little camera!
Copperfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:52 PM   #4

Nice Shots! very clear and deep!! Great
sucama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:43 AM   #5

Thanks guys.

Viewing the files up to the X3-Large size in my Smugmug folder, which is around the same thing as the 2/3, or 66% viewing size in Photoshop, bigger than I'd ever print a file captured with this camera, I'm very impressed.

Couple of others captured later that day downtown under dark, overcast skies..

Belo Mansion in downtown Dallas. Today a legal organization is in residence, but in the early 20th century it was funeral home, with one of the more famous (infamous) funerals being that of Clyde Barrow (Bonnie & Clyde)..

24mm wide angle..

and 90mm maximum tele..

"This way to the Tollway", at 80mm..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:52 PM   #6

Some fine images taken with a very capable little camera.
It's a veritable pocket rocket which pretty much ticks all of the boxes...
I'm sure you'll have a great time with it...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote