Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:19 AM   #11

JimC: Thanks for all the information. With a feeling of trepidation I followed your instructions and reset IE11 and, after restarting the PC . . . . it works!! I can now open the “Manage Attachments” area.
Thanks very much for your help (and patience!) it is much appreciated.
John
Copperfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:21 AM   #12

Yes, I think you owe a big thanks to JimC - I see you have started posting!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu View Post
Yes, I think you owe a big thanks to JimC - I see you have started posting!
Yes I do! And also thanks for his persistence!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:38 PM   #14
Administrator

Yea... I was afraid I was sounding too "pushy" about fixing the problem, given all of the things I suggested you try to begin with.

So, I tried to keep it simpler the last time around, just giving you what was needed to reset IE 11 back to factory defaults, and keeping my fingers crossed that you would perform that reset and that would fix it (as since you were already using excellent Antivirus protection with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes, and mentioned that you had not installed any extras like add-ons in your browser, a settings problem within IE 11 would be the most likely culprit).

I'm glad you took the time to reset IE 11 back to factory defaults and that fixed it for you, as I'd hate to see someone unable to post photos here because of a simple browser settings issue.

So, we'll look forward to seeing the photos you're willing to share here going forward (and I see you've already started that process by sharing a photo in one thread since you fixed the issue with the Manage Attachments screen so you can use it now).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Yea... I was afraid I was sounding too "pushy" about fixing the problem, given all of the things I suggested you try to begin with.
I can assure you that your reply didn't come across as being "pushy"! I realise, even with my limited knowledge, that there could be3 any number of things that, individually, could be causing the problem. But, the important thing is, of course, that you were able to suggest something to try first and, thank goodness, it did.

Once again, my thanks for your help.

John