Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:24 AM   #1

Default Lumix TZ70 ZS50 issue with OIS in Video ??? TZ60 ZS40 owners may be able to assis

I have been researching the new TZ70 that is about to hit the marketplace. In one review they found the OIS caused some juddering / shddering of the images when the camera was panned. They mentioned the OIS could not be turned off. I do as much video as stills, so having clear video clips without juddering is important, especially if it is caused by the camera rather than the user. I suspect the OIS is too sensitive and is overcompensating when panning.

I rang Panasonic and they said the technical guys could not assist yet, as they have not ereceived the manuals yet to refer to.

Perhaps TZ60 owners (previous model - very similar) can shed some light on the subject.

Can you disable the OIS in all video modes ?

This new camera ticks all the boxes except the OIS control, though a bigger sensor would be nice
xcaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:24 AM   #2

Interesting, some one did a reply, I got the email notification, then when I went to the site, no reply ????
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:25 AM   #3

Sorry, it was a mistake. I spoke of the FZ70 and not the TZ70, so i removed the message as it was not relevant.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:59 PM   #4

No worries, thanks for taking the time to do a response in the first place.

The Panasonic camera numbering is hard to follow with lots of similar looking model codes
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:16 AM   #5

On my TZ40, the OIS can't be switched off when taking video, so this might be the case with all TZ cameras.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote