Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:10 AM   #1

Default Help posting photo.

When I try posting a photo via manage attachments, I type in the title, select and upload, then I get error, message to short, what am I doing wrong?
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:56 AM   #2

I think you need to have, other than the title, at least one word (may be even a few dots, it says minimum four characters) in the body of the message.

Last edited by Raghu; Mar 9, 2015 at 6:06 AM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:06 PM   #3

Thank's RAG, I cannot figure out why with 147 views of my post, you are the only one to suggest an answer.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:19 PM   #4

Tried again today ,manage attachments, select file, upload, submit,, error, message to short, my question, Where the hell do I place a message???????
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:52 AM   #5

I suppose you get this same screen when you try to create a new post. See the BIG window below the title, that is where the message goes.
Attached Images

Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
Thank's RAG, I cannot figure out why with 147 views of my post, you are the only one to suggest an answer.
I've had the opinion for a while, that there are more viewers (lurkers) than posters on this board ... just look at the numbers viewing at virtually any time
... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:18 PM   #7

I'm not sure I am understanding the problem correctly, but when you use the 'manage attachments' do you use the 'browse' feature to find the photo on your PC or are you typing in the URL of the photo hosted on line? If it is the URL, it has to be the full URL. IIRC, some photo hosting sites won't let you do it that way, and you have to use the tags built in to the site.
Also good info in this thread: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ge...oto-forum.html
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:53 PM   #8

I think its better when you upload your images on a image hosting website like for example Raghu is doing or like I have been doing (look at my signature). This way you can have all of your photos organized and you can also take the link and paste it in your post as an image where it says "Insert Image".

Tip: By doing this there is sometimes an option to select the image size that you want to share.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
G'day mate
I've only seen your post this morning so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoper2 View Post
I think its better when you upload your images on a image hosting website like for example Raghu is doing or like I have been doing (look at my signature). This way you can have all of your photos organized and you can also take the link and paste it in your post as an image where it says "Insert Image".

Tip: By doing this there is sometimes an option to select the image size that you want to share.
and yes- I'd agree with this thought as well ... once your images are 'somewhere', it is much easier to grab the "URL code for BB" and place it into your Steve's Forum text

Hope this helps
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote