Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 11, 2015, 4:56 PM   #1

Default Glasses and FZ1000

I sought to change my Nikon DSLRs with the FZ1000, and I wear glasses. I find that through the viewfinder of the FZ1000 I appear to be viewing a screen, rather than TTL, and thus with my normal glasses cannot focus on the image presented. Is there some form of adaptor that anyone uses that can correct this?
jerry.sumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2015, 6:03 PM   #2

I take it the diopter adjustment doesn't compensate enough...? (on the side of the viewfinder).
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2015, 2:06 AM   #3

The image you see on the viewfinder is the same as on the screen. That's why it's called EVF (Electronic View Finder).
I wear glasses to, but have no problem with the EVF on the FZ1000.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2015, 8:56 AM   #4

Second that ,I wear glasses and prescription sunglasses and I have no problem but I set the Dioptre adjustment also the sensitivity of the EVF /Screen sensor because I found it didn't change from one to the other when I had sunglasses on at the default setting.
Just set the dioptre so that the exposure info is clear then the image will be.
The EDF is so much clearer and brighter on the FZ1000 that I can see all the info much better than on my Nikon
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod

Last edited by deadshot; May 12, 2015 at 8:59 AM.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2015, 2:56 PM   #5

Default glasses amd Lumix FZ1000

Thanks for your replies folks, I am fully aware of the adjustment available on the viewfinder, the challenge is that I have glasses for reading and glasses for just everyday seeing. With my reading glasses I can see fine through the viewfinder, but cant see anything else. With my everyday seeing glasses, I can see what I want to photograph, but cant see anything through the viewfinder.!
jerry.sumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2015, 5:17 PM   #6

Every EVF I have seen or used is set up the same way. The focus is at infinity, and the diopter adjustment should correspond to a '0' setting for normal (20/20) vision. The proper way to set it,is to view not the picture you are trying to take, but, as was said, the exposure info. This needs to be done with the eyeglasses you will use with the camera. If you are corrected to 20/20, the setting should be '0'
Probably, the best way to perform the adjustment, is with the camera vertical, looking through the VF with one eye, and the other open and not blocked by the camera. Adjust so the VF information is sharp.
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2015, 6:05 AM   #7

Try taking a good photo using the lcd, then switch to review and transfer the review to the EVF. Then adjust the diopter until you can see the image clearly.

Take your time and don't strain. Look away and go back after a minute or so, and watch the position of the nub on the diopter wheel so you don't have to start over if it gets bumped out of position.

That's how I adjust my EVF with or without glasses.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2015, 5:48 PM   #8

G'day Jerry

Taking BBs suggestion a tiny bit further...

May I suggest
a) zoom about 2/3 of zoom -> about 15x-18x
b) get the camera to focus on something -> ie: it beeps "in-focus"
c) use your fingernail in the EVF eyepiece / dioptre adjustment up/down until you get the best visual sharpness with whichever spectacles you intend to use

Maybe let us know whether this works or not
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2015, 8:32 PM   #9

Which problem do you have?

Is it that you can't see the image clearly or the "tunnel" effect where the glasses keep you too far from the viewfinder? I don't know if there are the rubber eyepieces for an FZ like a dslr has where you can just press the glasses against.

My m4/3 has a soft rubber eyepiece and I can press glasses right up against it if I want to. My older FZ had a hard plastic eyepiece. It was always a PITA to get in the right position. Is that the problem?
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2015, 3:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry.sumpster View Post
Thanks for your replies folks, I am fully aware of the adjustment available on the viewfinder, the challenge is that I have glasses for reading and glasses for just everyday seeing. With my reading glasses I can see fine through the viewfinder, but cant see anything else. With my everyday seeing glasses, I can see what I want to photograph, but cant see anything through the viewfinder.!
I have multifocal glazes, so I don't have to switch.
Rudi

Last edited by rudimaes; May 19, 2015 at 7:26 AM.
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote