Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 30, 2015, 6:56 AM   #1

Default Some more shots from the FZ1000 two

Here are some more, the pond shot,I took this to check depth of field, another miserable day and dont ask me what the little guy is about. iso 200 F6.3 1/400th.The church interior iso 250
F2.9 1/30th -2/3rds of a stop, this is dead easy to be able to preview what you are doing on the EVF, brilliant. The baby sparrow ,well this little fella was pestering us for food and was 2 mtrs away when I took this with the macro Zoom setting iso200 F4 1/200th.
A sunny day Yay !! a simple view over the town of Chur iso 125 F4 1/1300th.24mm.
Same view ,zoomed in to about 370mm iso 200 F4 1/1000th.
I took over 500 shots in all including 25 videos.
One interesting feature of this camera is Flash speed ,I have the nissin i40 and I can used more or less any shutter speed I fancy, whereas my Nikon with the SB700 maxis out at 1/200th.
Go figure.
I hope these unremarkable shots may give you food for thought.
One thing I had to get used to was in low light situations you have to keep your eye on shutter speeds because even though I have pre selected iso 3200 as my max iso in A mode it will for some reason take you down to 1/8th or lower at 1600 ,you cant choose a bottom shutter speed, unless you use Shutter priority.The Nikon for example will take you up to 3200 then take your shutter speed down, 1 to Nikon I guess but I think Panasonic is trying to stop the iso going higher than it has to. If you set 1/15th in S mode no problem, so thats what I'll do in future.
Attached Images

Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod

Last edited by deadshot; May 30, 2015 at 6:58 AM.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2015, 3:02 AM   #2

Beautiful shot here and in the your previous post. The FZ1000 is a very good camera. Pity it's only appreciated by people who own it. Others that are talking negative about the camera, don't know what they're missing.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2015, 8:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudimaes View Post
Beautiful shot here and in the your previous post. The FZ1000 is a very good came ra. Pity it's only appreciated by people who own it. Others that are talking negative about the camera, don't know what they're missing.
Rudi
Yes you're right , I was a bit hesitant but after using it at my daughters wedding (leaving my Nikon at home) l was blown away by the detail it captured plus how versatile it is. I took over 500 shots on holiday and apart from one crop I've not done any post pro on them, I took loads of low light shots that I'm very pleased with. Any camera that can take very useful and satisfying photo's from 3 cms to 1600 mms in blink of the eye has got to be one of the best if not the best all round do it all cameras out there.
I am not really a videography but it's so easy to just press the button I've found myself doing quite a lot and unlike my Nikon it focuses very quickly even when I change subject distance suddenly.
Earlier this year I came close to getting the Nikon D5500 plus the new Nikon 18-300, I'm very glad I didn't, what a mistake that would have been.
I do like my Nikon and it has it's strengths but versatility is not one of them.
John

Last edited by deadshot; May 31, 2015 at 8:50 AM.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote