Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:13 AM   #11

Although the FZ200 is a good camera, but the FZ1000 is much better. It has a very good 1" 20mp sensor, what makes it better than the FZ200, certainly in low-light. It's as fast as a DSLR.( In daylight it focusses in 1/10 of a second). The 4K photo mode is also a plus. If you film in 4K, you can extract a frame that is an 8mp photo.
This is the most versatile camera I ever used.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudimaes View Post
Although the FZ200 is a good camera, but the FZ1000 is much better. It has a very good 1" 20mp sensor, what makes it better than the FZ200, certainly in low-light. It's as fast as a DSLR.( In daylight it focusses in 1/10 of a second). The 4K photo mode is also a plus. If you film in 4K, you can extract a frame that is an 8mp photo.
This is the most versatile camera I ever used.
Rudi
Not to mention the burst rate my nikon 5 fps , fz1000 goes up to 50 fps I think certainly very high as well as flash sync which goes very high compared 1/200th on the nikon.
I live in Hertfordshire eysha and will be selling my nikon outfit plus two nikon flashes sb700 sb 200.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshot View Post
Not to mention the burst rate my nikon 5 fps , fz1000 goes up to 50 fps I think certainly very high as well as flash sync which goes very high compared 1/200th on the nikon.
I live in Hertfordshire eysha and will be selling my nikon outfit plus two nikon flashes sb700 sb 200.
A couple more things, some of the latest nikon d5000 and d7000 series are having back focus or front focus problems brought about by the removal of the anti aliasing filters and high pixel counts, just google back or front focus issue and see what comes up.Also moir'e is seen more because the anti aliasing filter is designed to reduce moir'e.Canon is the same. When I bought my fz1000 Panasonic were doing 50 cashback plus a 5yr warranty.John Lewis did a price match of 619. so I paid 569 . My nikon stuff will get a lot of that back I'm thinking.There's the fz300 just coming out, so the fz200 will take a dip.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:15 PM   #14

John Lewis is 602 at the moment, not sure of cash backs. I do buy a lot from them as I have never had a problem at all in all the years I have used them and bought all my laptops and cameras from them too as has my daughter so a good firm.
If the 300 is coming out soon maybe the 1000 will go down in price so might be worth hanging on? It does sound a good camera though. I contacted Graham and he says the 1000 is as good as any DSLR in his opinion, we chat.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:37 PM   #15

I buy from J L too, both my panasonics but not nikons, I have always bought them from camera shops.
I subscribe to Grahams site also, I wouldn't think that the fz300 would affect the fz1000 but the fz2000 will if and when that comes out.
I glad Graham sees the fz1000 as I do.
As I see it no one except certain photographers look very closely to find noise or razor sharpness, the average person that you show your photos to just looks at the subject. Digitalrev on youtube makes a funny video about just this.
Good luck eysha in your quest.
John
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
I am thinking of going up to a DSLR and wondered if anyone had a Panny DSLR and what it was like in comparison to the bridge cameras? I love my FZ200 but would like to move on now a bit so was thinking of going DSLR but in a Panny.

Which one would I be able to buy/use with the lenses I have already if any, see below? Thanks in advance.
G'day my ol' mate

I'm going to throw a spanner in the werkz here ...
Buying a new camera is not going to make your photography any better, just like buying a new set of tennis racquets will not put you onto the Wimbeldon centre courts ~ or new paint brushes will get your artwork hung in the national gallery

You know that you are a good artist using traditional media
You know that your photography is 'okay' but [like mine] could be better if you put more time into it [again like me].

I do not believe that it is a camera issue

Whether you use the FZ200 or the FZ1000 or the latest Panny G? mirrorless with a 10x zoom lens, your images will still look 'plain' [again like all too many of mine] if you do not take the time to a) get to know the technicalities of the camera's controls, &/or b) take the time to create the image before pressing the button.

Eysha my friend, what i'm saying is "save your money & concentrate more on creating better photos, rather than snapshooting and feeling crappy with the results"

Photography [like art] uses light & colour and has the magical benefit from lens & perspective controls. I invite you to get more from the FZ200 via its colour controls [Q-menu], use 'auto' features wisely and activate those many controls that Panny offer you / me within the menu to create a better result each time you use it

With hugs
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:57 AM   #17

Of course it's the photographer that makes the pictures, the camera is just a tool. A good photographer can make excellent pictures, even with a small sensor compact.
But some cameras have more or better features than others. It all depends on what you like or want.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:02 AM   #18

I agree with you all. I tend to take photographs for myself/my artwork. Never planned on being a professional photographer doing weddings, model shots/getting paid for it just for my own enjoyment really.
Phil you are right in that I don't spend that much time learning the controls on the 200. I tend to shoot in RAW on A with ISO at 100 mainly. In short I am not a serious photographer looking to sell my photographs or be booked by someone to get paid for a shoot either.
Lately I have taken photos in my own garden of flowers and birds for painting not being able to get out due to a recent illness but, now being on the mend I can get out a bit. I also no longer tend to show my photos on this forum as there are some cracking shots here. I don't do PP either apart from crop and adjust levels so not a serious photographer as I said. Given all that I should probably stick with what I have as it is a good camera and of course it is correct to say it isn't the camera, it is the person behind it.
Will show a couple of my latest photos for comment, macro flower and birds are my thing but I am happy to shoot anything that takes my eye.
Thanks for the help everyone, it is appreciated and it always helps to chat to others with the same interest and get another view-point. Phil please keep in touch more often.
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:25 AM   #19

Default Eysha - don't worry about your camera/s

because whatever you are using, or have been using, has helped you produce your beautiful artwork. The "Bluetit and Blossoms" alone is one of the very best of its type that I have ever seen.

I should have such talent!

Bless you,

Scoot.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:17 PM   #20

Just been looking at your paintings Eysha ,"excellent". Interestingly I have been painting in oils and water colours for many many years. I do sell some occasionally but I seldom exhibit these days, I just do it for my own enjoyment and if someone wants to buy one, fine, I could never have lived on art I'm afraid. All the photo's I take are taken as though I may one day paint them .So I take time setting my photo's up composition wise etc with that end in mind.
The thing I like about my Panny's as against my Nikon is the fact that they seem to require very little if any post processing. With my Nikon I was always going in to Levels and sharpening, highlights and shadows adjustments. I know people out will say you should have set your camera up to get these things right in camera, I cant argue with that except different subjects require different settings so I would have been ever lastingly changing the internal saturation/ contrast etc settings. With the panny,s some how they have made the camera images more pleasing straight out of the camera, so I do very little to them.
Good luck with your art work.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod