Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:10 AM   #1

Default FZ200 strange image, something for the techies

I have recently handed my FZ200 over to my wife now that I have the FZ1000.She always used a camcorder and after reluctantly trying the FZ200 out on our recent holiday has loved it and has even started taking stills albeit in iA mode, I'm sure she will move over to PASM eventually.
O'K, the reason I'm posting this is on one of her stills she has produced an effect I have never seen before,as I said she stays in iA mode which for these two shots taken seconds between one another selected iA scenery,as you all probably know iA mode changes according to what it perceives to be the subject. I have seen double exposures before but surely scenery would not include a double exposure. Sometimes iA mode shows "backlit subject multiple exposures will be taken" but that is in iA mode not iA scenery.
The picture with the lady walking away ,look at her shadow ,me using my FZ1000 look at my profile and my shoe.
Comments and advice will be appreciated.
Attached Images

Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:37 PM   #2

Well... clearly,2 shots have been taken.... does the iA scenery not have a multiple exposure option if it feels the need- which would seem logical given that scenery often has quite a wide dynamic range- and is often where people use HDR by choice...
The "outline" is rather odd however...!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMON40 View Post
Well... clearly,2 shots have been taken.... does the iA scenery not have a multiple exposure option if it feels the need- which would seem logical given that scenery often has quite a wide dynamic range- and is often where people use HDR by choice...
The "outline" is rather odd however...!
Thanks for the reply SIMON,
I've been trawling through the cd handbook and it appears that if iHDR is selected ON in iA mode ( which it was ) and the camera detects a backlit situation it will take multiple images. So watch out for moving subjects that are back lit in iA mode.
The shutter speed was 1/800th which you would think was fast enough to not show a double image of a walker, let alone me moving my head.
I think being a HDR image the two or maybe three different exposures would account for the strange outline ?.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote