Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2016, 4:20 AM   #1

Default Shooting video with FZ1000

Folks, I am trying to set my mind, regarding how to shoot video with the FZ1000. Now, I am not talking about professional video, just videos of the family etc. I've settled on using shutter priority, so that my shutter speed is always 1/50", but in this mode, I have an issue. The camera doesn't show me what the aperture it selected is. So I have no way of knowing that.

Is there a setting in the menus I've missed? I find hard to believe that Panasonic decided not to show you the aperture you are shooting at.

Thanks for your attention.
sv1cec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:44 AM   #2

This isn't an answer to your question but just what I do, I've had the FZ1000 now since last May and I've taken loads of videos at weddings and on holidays from Iceland, Scandinavia, down to France and Switzerland, I've not had a bad result. I just use Aperture Priority and let it use what speed it chooses. Invariably I have auto iso on so it will always be able to keep up with the available light. I like to control D O F myself. I've video'd erupting Geysers in Iceland with great results. Perhaps I'm just lucky, usually I take the videos while I'm shooting stills as well , I don't tend to select video from the top dial, if I'm using a fast shutter speed for a still and I want to catch something on the move I go straight in with that setting, I can honestly say I had no problems at all. I've also had very good low light videos as well, it seems a fool proof camera to me, so enjoy it. I have a Nikon DSLR that I use for video sometimes and that's a bit more tricky.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshot View Post
I've video'd erupting Geysers in Iceland with great results. .. I've also had very good low light videos as well
I would love to see those videos. Are they available to us? Where?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu View Post
I would love to see those videos. Are they available to us? Where?
I'm afraid not Raghu.I've got them on my Andriod Oled tablet , a Sandisc memory stick which I plug in to my 42" tv ,plus my pc.I recently went to a store and played them via my memory stick on a 55" Oled Tv and I can say they look great on all.
Having said that some well know tv's struggled to play them, so if you are thinking of buying a new tv dont assume all the latest smart 4k /full hd tv's will do the job, you will be surprised at the big name ones that wont.
I dont use the 4k video, my pc wont play them and to be honest I'm so impressed with full hd. When you go into a tv store and look at your vids standing 3 or 4 feet away from the 55" screen I think you would possibly notice the difference but in the real world the closest I view tv from is 10 feet, I would not see the difference and I read a review of 4k tv's recently which stated" a 65" 4k tv would not look any sharper than full hd beyond 6ft for someone with 20/20 vision".
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote