Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 5, 2004, 10:00 PM   #1

Default Panasonic #PS-075 case for the FZ-10

I'm new, and first of all, let me say I've learned alot reading the posts here. I'm a complete and total newbie to digital photgraphy. My brother and I won a pretty good sized football pool, and with part of my winnings I bought a FZ-10. I bet I know 1/10th of what it will do, but I'm trying to read a bit of the manual each night and learn. Anyway .. the reason for my post: Are you all aware of the Panasonic case #PS-075 ?? It fits my FZ-10 perfectly, and although its called a "semi-soft" case, its pretty tough !! It says "Lumix" on it. I tried a few LowePro cases from BestBuy and ended up going back to the PS-075. I got my mine at Wolf [a.k.a. Ritz] Camera here in the Chicagoland area. It was a freebie thrown in with the purchase of the camera. GO CUBS ...
chicagocub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2004, 6:26 AM   #2

I think I know the one you mean, saw it on a German camera site the other day, when I was checking out their listing for the FZ10. Was a bit doubtful because it's meant to be for the FZ1/FZ2 and I know people have said there is a size difference between the two, but thought they wouldn't be listing it alongside the FZ10 without reason. Looked like a pretty snug case, just not sure how useful, because the pic they had of it showed it with only a hand carrying handle, no strap.
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 8:50 PM   #3

The packaging actually says "Panasonic Lumix PS-075 Semi-Soft Case for the DMC-FZ10." It does in fact come with a strap, but the strap is not needed. The camera fits perfectly, BUT there is no way a strap would also fit in the case. I close the case with its zippered cary handle, and let my FZ-10's strap hang out to wear around my neck. Make sense ?? If anyone is interested and can explain to me how to post a photo here, I'd be happy to do so. I use the case, and still have the orginal packaging it came in. I'm telling you, this case is perfect !!
Old Mar 7, 2004, 8:58 PM   #4

Default Re: Panasonic #PS-075 case for the FZ-10

I have the same case, but I don't believe you can actually buy the case. Like you said, it was a freebie. If you still have the original packing, you'll notice there is no UPC code on the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocub
I'm new, and first of all, let me say I've learned alot reading the posts here. I'm a complete and total newbie to digital photgraphy. My brother and I won a pretty good sized football pool, and with part of my winnings I bought a FZ-10. I bet I know 1/10th of what it will do, but I'm trying to read a bit of the manual each night and learn. Anyway .. the reason for my post: Are you all aware of the Panasonic case #PS-075 ?? It fits my FZ-10 perfectly, and although its called a "semi-soft" case, its pretty tough !! It says "Lumix" on it. I tried a few LowePro cases from BestBuy and ended up going back to the PS-075. I got my mine at Wolf [a.k.a. Ritz] Camera here in the Chicagoland area. It was a freebie thrown in with the purchase of the camera. GO CUBS ...
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 9:21 PM   #5

Guerito,
You are correct sir. I do have the packaging and there is no UPC code. Its a darn shame its not available to everyone; its a great case!!
Old Mar 8, 2004, 9:37 PM   #6

According to the Pana web page on FZ10 assessories (see http://panasonic.jp/dc/fz10/option.html ), the case for FZ10 is coded as DMW-CZS10. They even have a photo of the item shown in the page. Don't know whether it is the same case you guys quoted above.
Famo is offline   Reply With Quote