Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 11, 2004, 7:39 PM   #11

I have the Raynox adapter, and it has 43 mm threads.See
http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/fz10/index.htm.
Karl
Karl Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 9:14 PM   #12

The link doesn't work.
However the "Explorer" set that started this thread (two macro lenses) includes a universal adapter for 52 & 67mm filters. I imagine its threaded on both ends to achieve this.
Anyway, I'm expecting delivery on Monday and I let everyone know exactly what's up.
Stratis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:35 PM   #13

try this link:

http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/fz10/

bernard in delaware
lewisinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 1:06 PM   #14

I recieved the Raynox explorer set yesterday and tried it out. My first impression is that it takes very good photos with the FZ10 with a tripod. Having two different powers gives you a lot of options. Without a tripod, the picture is best focused by moving in and out with the camera like other macros...some of your photos may not be in focus. I wonder how many these macro photos of insects these people are taking before they get a good one in focus. Maybe the insects are sleeping or quite possibly dead! Anyhow, I was impressed with the photos and will post some soon as I collect enough. There is small vignetting at the small zooms. Once you get past 4x for the 1.5 lens and 6x on the 2.5 lens, there is none, and I think that is where you would want to use it anyhow...at or near 12x zoom. There are only three negatives with the kit: 1) The vignetting that I already talked about at lower zooms due to the lens diameters of about 35 mm....no problem once you zoom, 2) since the adaptor clips on to the camera, you could scratch your lens when clipping the adaptor on if not careful...not a problem if you have a UV filter over it, and 3) if you forget to take the adaptor off when you shut off the camera or the battery power ends, the camera will try to close the lens but won't be able to and this could possibly damage the motor that closes the camera. SOLUTION: If you buy the yoshida adaptor for $50 or pemarral PD62 adaptor for about $30 you won't have to worry about damaging the lens or camera since you can clip the Raynox adaptor right onto the end of the pemarral or yashida adaptors and not on the camera...hence, no damage to the camera motor or lens. That's what I plan on doing. An adaptor is a lot cheaper than buying screw on macros.

bernard in delaware
lewisinde is offline   Reply With Quote