Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

View Poll Results: What features would you like updated on the FZ10 or see in/on it's successor?
Automatic display compensation in low light conditions 19 21.11%
RAW output 15 16.67%
SuperFine JPEG output 20 22.22%
Ring based manual zoom (instead of electro-mechanical) with display feedback for zoom level 7 7.78%
One or more user configurable buttons for quick access to regularly changed menu settings 5 5.56%
Larger buffer to keep burst speed usable with SuperFine or RAW outputs 0 0%
Longer throw from built-in flash 1 1.11%
Focus-assist lamp 23 25.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 29, 2004, 1:40 PM   #51

Default FZ10 enhancements polling

Hi (as a French, sorry for my poor english!)
I vote for :
1) quicker shooting time, for action photos
2) better low-ligth autofocus, and EVF useability
3) increased pause time (as close as possible from B pause !), 8 seconds is very insufficient for some night shots
4) Raw files
5) telecommand possibility
jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 3:05 PM   #52

as some have noted it is not a professional grade camera however i use it professional, yes i would like raw, and would also like less noise in the upper iso ranges my 2 cents is all,and by god i cant figure out how to do that poll thingy
krazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 11:40 AM   #53

I wonder if any of these features will come out as a firmware upgrade?

Or will FZ10 owners just have to grin and bearit when they are only in the replacement cameras that might be announced on the 20th July?
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:09 PM   #54

I'm not an FZ10 owner but was very nearly tempted to buy one. However, I decided to wait and see what Panasonic come up with for a successor to the FZ10.

Obviously, I can't offer as much worthwhile comment as FZ10 owners, but as a potential customer, you may be interestedto know why I decided against Panasonic on this occassion.

One of the main reasons I decided against it for now is it's reputation for poor low-light focusing and performance,seemingly a problem with most, if not all, superzooms. Anyway,I'dlike to see improvements made in this area.

I've also read many complaints about very noticable noise at anything above ISO 100.

I'm also led to believe that macro mode is only available in P mode, not in A/S/M mode, which I'd like to see put right.

Other minor things are the lack of a decent lense cap, proprietry battery far too expensive (in UK anyway) and ideally, I'd like to see max shutter speed upped to 15 seconds.

And for what it's worth, I'm really not interested in any improvements in the video capture side of things. If I want a movie camera, I'll buy one.
aldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2004, 7:12 AM   #55

aldon wrote:
Quote:
One of the main reasons I decided against it for now is it's reputation for poor low-light focusing and performance,seemingly a problem with most, if not all, superzooms. Anyway,I'dlike to see improvements made in this area.

I've also read many complaints about very noticable noise at anything above ISO 100.

I'm also led to believe that macro mode is only available in P mode, not in A/S/M mode, which I'd like to see put right.

Other minor things are the lack of a decent lense cap, proprietry battery far too expensive (in UK anyway) and ideally, I'd like to see max shutter speed upped to 15 seconds.
Understandable comments.

I would note that:

the low light focusing isn't as bed as people make out IMHO, and the best thing is that it is so easy to switch in and out of manual focus plus the proper focus ring.

Macro focusing is available in any mode. All the macro button seems to do is allow the autofocus to hunt through a wider range. You can manually focus on macro subjects in any mode.

The proprietary battery might be expensive (but jessops do one for £29) but I would rather have that than AAs any day

Look back after the 20th and see what improvements Panasonic have announced
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2004, 6:11 PM   #56

I would like to see Compact Flash as media choice or at least option...ala Sony 828 and Olympus E20.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 3:25 AM   #57

lawrencew wrote:
Quote:
Macro focusing is available in any mode. All the macro button seems to do is allow the autofocus to hunt through a wider range. You can manually focus on macro subjects in any mode.
But when usingmacro mode, can you use aperture or shutter priority and full manual exposure settings?

But seeing as the FZ15 and FZ20 are about to be announced, I'll wait and see what omprovements they offer. However, I wouldn't be surprised if us folks in the UK have many months to wait before we see them in our shops.
aldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:00 PM   #58

At this point my wish list is simple. A moving LCD, swivel or otherwise. My oly has one and is really an aid for macro and wierd angle shots(like when your holding your camera over your head or above eye level or down on the ground shooting up).

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote