Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

View Poll Results: What features would you like updated on the FZ10 or see in/on it's successor?
Location of memory card changed (for tripod users doing time lapse) 1 1.30%
Larger capacity memory card supplied as standard - minimum 64MB 1 1.30%
Remote control operation (front IR - for self portraits) 8 10.39%
Commitment to providing Firmware updates as a result of ongoing developments of cameras 47 61.04%
Bluetooth? capabilities (or other wireless method of transferring images) 1 1.30%
FireWire IEEE 1394 interface 0 0%
Noise reduction 15 19.48%
Faster autofocus 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:05 AM   #21

Default Wishlist poll

Definately noise reduction, focusing lamp and firmware upgrades. Just a thought for any future polls:
1. I think a multi card slot, like on Oly C5060 as I have a Ultra II 1G card that would be great to use with the FZ10 as well.
2. Bigger battery capacity.
3. A shortcut button for manual white balance adjustment
4. Low compression jpegs or RAW
Jawis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:28 AM   #22

Many of the potential issues with the camera and its performance have a chance at being resolved with firmware upgrades.

Other manufacturers seem to rush a product to market and then keep updating the firmware (I noticed this with my cheap old Kodak)...

This camera is a class leader, and products that try to emulate its performance/pricepoint combination are being hurried to market (Canon S1 IS)...I would be surprised if, by Christmas, there weren't similar offerings available from Sony, Fuji, Olympus, etc...

Updating the firmware is a logical step that will help keep the camera at the front of the pack when the 'me-too' products arrive on the market.
Windsorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:31 AM   #23

Whilst I respect that this is an open wishlist, there are somethings which just will not happen, ever. Multicard storage is one of them since Panasonic have nailed their colours to the flag on the SD format.
All they need do is make their smaller cards 10MB/s as well as the big two (currently) - 256 & 512.
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 10:09 AM   #24

Good Day!

I have owned the Fluzi for about two months now.... here is my wish list of improvements.

1. A port to allow off camera flash firing.
2. More resistance on the mode dial....in cold weather...it was easily moved on a number of ocassions.
3. Improved low light focusing.
4. Manual zoom
5. Variable angle viewing screen.

That's about it for now...thanks for the opportunity to voice our thoughts.

Regards,

Lyle
pappyj5503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 3:27 PM   #25

Default Manual zoom ring

In my opinion, the most glarring problem with this otherwise fantastic camera is the lack of a fast manual zoom (like the ring on slr cameras). The zoom with the little W-T switch is simply too slow for use with sports, fast moving children, moving wildlife etc. I read one review before buying that said the camera had this and finding out it did not was a HUUUUUUGGGEEEE let down.

2 cents
mattjbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:53 PM   #26

Default Panasonic DMC FZ10 Poll Response

For the Panasonic FZ10 poll I would vote for firmware updates, a brighter EVF for low light shots and if possible, with the current sensor, a lower noise or grainy level.
blandsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:21 PM   #27

- The dimming of the LCD to show probable exposure needs to be made optional
- A non-lossy or ultra-low compression mode needs to be offered...because of the relatively high noise at ISO100+, artifacts can be a big issue
- Low-light focus does need improvement. Perhaps the camera could use ISO400 sensitivity while focusing, then switch to the selected setting when exposing?
- Bulb mode, please!! 8 seconds is only enough some of the time, and to the FZ10's credit, long night exposures look great....when they're long enough! :P
- The burst mode is great, though a continuous drive would be an excellent addition. Keep the focus and exposure settings the same if required, and we should be seeing a shot to shot time of about 0.6 seconds!
- The auto-metering overexposes just about all outside shots...
- Where is time lapse? This would be a breeeeeze to add in a firmware update. Steve's review actually mentioned that the feature was there, quote "For special applications the FZ10 even has a time-lapse capture mode" - I can't find it, am I just missing something? :shock: :shock:
TheYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 11:02 PM   #28

2 sec or 10 sec delay? Otherwise, I'm equally lost.
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 9:01 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYak
-
- Where is time lapse? This would be a breeeeeze to add in a firmware update. Steve's review actually mentioned that the feature was there, quote "For special applications the FZ10 even has a time-lapse capture mode" - I can't find it, am I just missing something? :shock: :shock:
When I saw this mentioned in Steve's review it was the final feature that made me decide to buy the FZ10. Although I don't regret the purchase, I am sorely disappointed that the time-lapse feature isn't really there. I believe he must have been referring (mistakenly) to the "flip animation" feature which lets you merge multiple single frame shots into a little movie. An intervalometer time-lapse function would be very useful for many purposes including wildlife photography. The average user would find it useful for group photography in which the photographer wants to appear (like family portraits). Currently the self-timer allows only one shot at a time so that after every shot you have to go back to the camera and reset the timer. For a while now every camera I have owned has allowed setting at least 2 consecutive shots with the self-timer. It would also be handy when you want to be part of the action - just set the camera to take a pic every x minutes or x seconds and go join the party.
Clint751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 9:36 AM   #30

Default FZ Add-On Feature

I'd like a young, athletic woman who is patient and has a good sense of humor to visit every day after lunch to tutor me in the use of the FZ10. Panasonic could arrange for this when the purchaser fills out the registration/warranty card....
jmgiv is offline   Reply With Quote