Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

View Poll Results: What features would you like updated on the FZ10 or see in/on it's successor?
Location of memory card changed (for tripod users doing time lapse) 1 1.30%
Larger capacity memory card supplied as standard - minimum 64MB 1 1.30%
Remote control operation (front IR - for self portraits) 8 10.39%
Commitment to providing Firmware updates as a result of ongoing developments of cameras 47 61.04%
Bluetooth? capabilities (or other wireless method of transferring images) 1 1.30%
FireWire IEEE 1394 interface 0 0%
Noise reduction 15 19.48%
Faster autofocus 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:51 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 54
Default Poll part 2!

Since there's a limit as to how many options a Poll can have, I had to split it up into 2 at the last minute - Ho humm :roll:
Maybe Steve can amalgamate them into one since Admins have the 'power' to do so (according to the FAQs), as they are the deciders of the numbers.
Anyhow, as the initial one, speak your mind freely and if there's features I've overlooked, say so, and I'll add them in, for continuity and coherency sake.

Phil
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:18 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
fmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,116
Default

Thanks for doing this, Phil. I'd like to see AF assist lamp added to the list.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:43 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
m.achure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 114
Default

The Remote Control function of the "wish list poll" calls for front IR operation - self portraits.
That would *only* serve self portaits; and there is now a 10 second timer function available for self portaits.
There are a couple of other situations were "Remote Shutter Control" would be very desirable and a different means of acuation is needed - other than front IR.
my 2
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 10:03 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.achure
The Remote Control function of the "wish list poll" calls for front IR operation - self portraits.
That would *only* serve self portaits; and there is now a 10 second timer function available for self portaits.
There are a couple of other situations were "Remote Shutter Control" would be very desirable and a different means of acuation is needed - other than front IR.
my 2
Yes, but the way I see it is that if you're behind the camera, you can see what's being photographed and press the button. The idea for an IR RC with front mount sensor is so as you aren't limited to getting into the frame and settled within 10 secs. To me that's artificial and more of a hindrence than a help.
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 10:09 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmoore
Thanks for doing this, Phil. I'd like to see AF assist lamp added to the list.
I can't believe I left that out of this or the original poll - D'Oh!
Since I can't amend the poll myself, and it would seem more than one selction can't be done either, then best thing to do is simply list the features in your reply that matter to you either as a Firmware update or the FZ10's replacement model(s) - which would need to be the case for some of the features listed. Sorry about that, I just use the forum, don't administer it!
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 11:14 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjskelti
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmoore
Thanks for doing this, Phil. I'd like to see AF assist lamp added to the list.
I can't believe I left that out of this or the original poll - D'Oh!
It is in the original poll... I just voted for it
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:03 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 54
Default

Ah, good old Steve came through then - I'd PM'd him asking if he would do it for me seeing as I can't amend the Poll options.
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:43 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
m.achure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Yes, but the way I see it is that if you're behind the camera, you can see what's being photographed and press the button. The idea for an IR RC with front mount sensor is so as you aren't limited to getting into the frame and settled within 10 secs. To me that's artificial and more of a hindrence than a help.
Permit me to elaborate. There appears to be quite a few FZ10 owners (myself included) that attempt to shot fotos of birds and wildlife. This requires patience, quiet and as much stealth as one can muster.
Even with only a basic manual cable release one could set up the camera and remain quite, sitting in a blind or behind a tree. The only movement to take a foto is that of the thumb to actuate the cable. A cable would also provide the least amount of vibration of shutter release, particularly using a teleconverter which would more often than not, be the case in these circumstances.
With wildlife, the slightest visible movement will usually spook them and possible keep them away for some time.
Being out and visible to have to press the shutter is just as much a hindrance to foto shooting wildlife.
This would be 4 ??
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:53 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 54
Default

Okay then, and I had thought of this when compling the options - the best solution would be a sensor on the front or rear that's part of a recessed arm that could then be 'opened' vertically 180 to cover front/back control.
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 1:33 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
m.achure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Okay then, and I had thought of this when compling the options - the best solution would be a sensor on the front or rear that's part of a recessed arm that could then be 'opened' vertically 180 to cover front/back control.
Actually, with the current (and improved future technology when ideas finally get to production) the "best" solution would be an RF (radio frequency) RC (remote control); something similar to the little car alarm controls in use today.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:33 PM.