Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 17, 2004, 5:12 PM   #1

Default pictures? How to post

How do you post a picture to this forum?
wholling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2004, 6:02 PM   #2

Put the cursor in the Img button and instructions wiil appear. You need to have yoyr photo at another site first. Get the url of that shot as a .jpg (right click on the image - go to properties - copy and paste the url address) and insert it after clicking the Img button, then click the Img button again to finish. Click Preview button to see if it works. Try to keep the image file size fairly small for us dial-up dinosaurs.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 6:39 PM   #3

[img]D:\SONY\Zoo-March 17-2004 . Seeing if this works[/img]
Old Mar 17, 2004, 6:40 PM   #4

ops: it didn't
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:14 PM   #5

Yes, need to upload your images to a host site - your ISP may have included X amount of free space on their servers as part of your internet service. Or you've a Mac with .mac account.
Check with their Tech Support team or section of their website and see if they recommend certain Applications which will do the uploading to your webspace (assuming you have any). For Macs, Transmit is the best (that I know of currently) - PC users, check google.com for a list of potential candidates for FTP apps/utilities.
After you've done that, go to your webspace and copy the link of the images you want to show here and paste each one separately like so - {img}paste image url here{/img} by pressing the IMG button on the Post A Reply or New Topic screen. Press once, the paste text of url, then press again. That's it. Do the same thing for each image.

If the images are bigish, then mention so in the subject line - e.g. (large images) after the subject text. Or alternatively, just paste the url so it becomes a clickable link to your webspace - e.g. {url}www.my.webspace.co.uk{/url} buy using the URL button beside the IMG one.

*NB - the { & } are not used, [ & ] are, so that's what you'll see when making the post, but we don't as they're hidden. If I'd used those in the examples above, then you wouldn't have seen what I was showing by way of example.

BTW, if you make a mistake, you can use the edit button to correct it, even after someone has posted a reply after your post. Only then will the "last edited" text be seen. Also, use the preview button before submit, as this will let you see if the links are all okay, and if not, you can fix them.
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:42 PM   #6

Default large photo untouched

Hand held 12x zoom with fz10
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:43 PM   #7

ops: it appears I'm just using up bandwidth.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:49 PM   #8

Getting Better :lol:
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:57 PM   #9

Well done - quick learner I see!

Here's an example of the link format - http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/4058e...XRPWABlIKaAm67

Or there's this type - A picture of a gorilla.

Achieved by doing this: {url=www.imagetobelinkedto'surl.com}some text inserted here, like this{/url}
pjskelti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2004, 2:22 PM   #10

OK, noted in wholling's other thread, can't see any of the images linked to, here.
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote